New Kids at Warren East

Warren East future seems to be brighter with two new additions. Does this duo help East end their 20+ year regional tournament drought?

Ty Price is an 8th grader who comes to the Raiders from Butler County, Rick Bolus has Price ranked within the top 25 players in Kentucky regardless of class.

Brytton Walker is currently in 10th grade and has transferred to Warren East from Madisonville North Hopkins. Walker is 6'7 according to Kentucky Prep Report. He was listed on the Maroons roster last season but didn't appear in any games.

Ty Price is an 8th grader who comes to the Raiders from Butler County, Rick Bolus has Price ranked within the top 25 players in Kentucky regardless of class.

I'm looking at Rick Bolus' list for KY, a TON of kids mentioned, but Ty is one of the top 6 8th graders that he lists. He also has Ty as one of the top kids in the country in his class. I don't see anything, nor do I think it would even remotely be accurate, that lists him as one of the Top 25 kids in the state regardless of class.

Raising the bar awfully high for a kid in terms of expectations when you talk about them in that light. Hope the kid has a great year, stays healthy, and actually is allowed to have fun and be a...wait for it...8th grader. No reason to rush anything, he has plenty of time down the road to worry about rankings and such. Hope he can enjoy the process.

I'm looking at Rick Bolus' list for KY, a TON of kids mentioned, but Ty is one of the top 6 8th graders that he lists. He also has Ty as one of the top kids in the country in his class. I don't see anything, nor do I think it would even remotely be accurate, that lists him as one of the Top 25 kids in the state regardless of class.

Raising the bar awfully high for a kid in terms of expectations when you talk about them in that light. Hope the kid has a great year, stays healthy, and actually is allowed to have fun and be a...wait for it...8th grader. No reason to rush anything, he has plenty of time down the road to worry about rankings and such. Hope he can enjoy the process.

His most recent publication here on August 12, 2019 actually has him #22 if this is in order. Here is the link Rick Bolus August 12 rankings

If you trust Rick Bolus’s rankings for anyone, I can’t help you.
Hard to trust Rick Bolus ratings because it is typically based on kids that come to his camp. Travis Perry is an incoming 8th grader that was the leading scorer for a 21-10 Lyon County team last season. He averaged almost 21 points per game last season on varsity as a 7th grader but he is not mentioned on that list. I think he is considered the top incoming 8th grader in the state.