Reds at Rockies (7/12 - 7/14)

I think some others may have needed a little extra rest after the all star break. I am well rested though and ready to start a strong second half run.

Let's get the first one tonight to start it off right!

Game time is 8:40 tonight.

Saturday 8:10

Sunday 3:30

Tonight's pitching matchup is a battle of the Grays.

Sonny Gray for the Reds vs. Jon Gray

Saturday

Tanner Roark vs. Kyle Freeland

Sunday

Tyler Mahle vs. Antonio Senzatela

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody please explain to me WHY Bell bats Winker lead off against righties??

We don’t win game #2 against the Brewers if Senzel isn’t batting leadoff. IF Winker was on first he doesn’t score on th3 double by Votto and th3 gam3 never gets into extras.

Somebody please explain to me WHY Bell bats Winker lead off against righties??

We don’t win game #2 against the Brewers if Senzel isn’t batting leadoff. IF Winker was on first he doesn’t score on th3 double by Votto and th3 gam3 never gets into extras.

Senzel is batting .394 with runners in scoring position. Bell is likely trying to get Senzel in a spot where he can have a better chance of batting with runners in scoring position. Winker's stats and Senzel's stats batting leadoff are very similar. Winker batting .277 with .341 OBP at leadoff. Senzel batting .287 with .342 OBP at leadoff. No loss by batting Winker leadoff. Big gain with Senzel batting in an RBI potential slot.

Senzel is batting .394 with runners in scoring position. Bell is likely trying to get Senzel in a spot where he can have a better chance of batting with runners in scoring position. Winker's stats and Senzel's stats batting leadoff are very similar. Winker batting .277 with .341 OBP at leadoff. Senzel batting .287 with .342 OBP at leadoff. No loss by batting Winker leadoff. Big gain with Senzel batting in an RBI potential slot.

Back to my “Winker doesn’t score from first” against the Brewers, Senzel needs to be our leadoff I think.

Back to my “Winker doesn’t score from first” against the Brewers, Senzel needs to be our leadoff I think.

Well, at least perhaps you see the reasoning for why Bell has Winker at leadoff and Senzel hitting 6th. He is looking at a season's worth of stats, not one play in one game.

Well, at least perhaps you see the reasoning for why Bell has Winker at leadoff and Senzel hitting 6th. He is looking at a season's worth of stats, not one play in one game.

I’m sure Senzel’s speed has come to the forefront more than just the one play, just the latest example.

I will say this the constant moving people in the batting order didn't seem to work to well the 1st half of the season. While the Reds in previous years did have good offenses, and rarely seemed to change the batting order. So considering the offense was not consistent in scoring the first half of the year. Maybe he should try not moving the batting order around so much.

I will say this the constant moving people in the batting order didn't seem to work to well the 1st half of the season. While the Reds in previous years did have good offenses, and rarely seemed to change the batting order. So considering the offense was not consistent in scoring the first half of the year. Maybe he should try not moving the batting order around so much.

That is not the nature of today's baseball. Analytics, matchups, shifts ... micromanagement is how baseball operates today.

David Hernandez ERA is 10.13 over the last 30 days. That is before giving up the 2 HR's tonight. Including tonight, he has been scored on in 6 of his last 7 outings. The only outing he wasn't scored on in those 7 outings, he pitched to one batter. You would think those basic analytics would play into which pitcher to bring into the 8th tonight with a one run lead.

My 10,000 post and I have been waiting all week to post it. The Reds just blew yet another game. First, why does Bell bring in Hernandez who has really been struggling instead of Lorensen? Then the Reds just continue to pound those lefty's down and in and watch those homers fly. Nobody but Igelias or Lorenzen should have pitched the eighth inning. To finish my 10,000 posts, I love BGP, Fantasy Football, UK Wildcats, Mason County Royals, I miss my Dad and God Bless the USA!!!!!

David Hernandez ERA is 10.13 over the last 30 days. That is before giving up the 2 HR's tonight. Including tonight, he has been scored on in 6 of his last 7 outings. The only outing he wasn't scored on in those 7 outings, he pitched to one batter. You would think those basic analytics would play into which pitcher to bring into the 8th tonight with a one run lead.

Think this is indicative of what seems to be overuse of the bullpen staff? Although Hernandez should be rather rested.