Reds at Rockies (7/12 - 7/14)

For those not watching and maybe have only checked in on here. Votto also has 2 hits, 2 runs scored, and an RBI in this game.

I won't be on today so you can post all of Votto's good things today but don't forget to post the bad. Oh, there is no bad in your eyes.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And he also grounded into two double plays with runners on base and the second one my six year old grand daughter could have beat him down to first. Even the announcers committed on it. Then struck out looking and got ejected. One of the hits was a bleeder to left field, he dove and missed it. That is where he gets a third of his hits. This was not a good Votto game.

I won't be on today so you can post all of Votto's good things today but don't forget to post the bad. Oh, there is no bad in your eyes.

I agree with you it sucked when he grounded into the double plays. It sucks when he strikes out looking. Everyone always says you are basically only negative because you always will specifically post about him when the bad happens. Not a word about his hit where he got an RBI that at the time was when the Reds were trailing to make it a 4 to 3 game. Not a word about his other hit, and also how he was on base to score 2 runs. He was 2 for 6 got the game, which is an average of .333 which in baseball isn't bad.

As I have said to you multiple times I really have no problem when you mention the bad things. However, you have the label of always only being negative because you always make sure you post the bad things. Yet rarely the good things. Last night was the perfect example. So I just made sure I posted the many good things, especially offensively that happened. The Reds scored 15 runs, with a lot of players having multiple hits, and Erwin being 6 for 6. Yet somehow that was not mentioned.

Votto has hit into two double plays. They don't call him rally killer for nothing. Reds up 8-7 in a slugfest game.

Votto strikes out looking , argues and I'd tossed out of the game. Ball looked outside.

For those not watching and maybe have only checked in on here. Votto also has 2 hits, 2 runs scored, and an RBI in this game.

Thank you @futurecoach. For those who may not be watching the game, we do need to see both sides.

To further make the point, I will once again post Joey Votto stats for the year.

Runs = 46 ... tied for the team lead.

AVG = .265 ... 4th on the team.

OBP = .356 ... 2nd on the team.

HR = 8 ... tied for 5th on the team. Yes, below what we hope for but 5th on the team.

RBI = 23 ... 7th on the team. Again, well below hoped for production. See below.

Hits = 82 ... tied for the team lead.

Doubles = 18 ... leads the team.

Let's take an objective look at the above. Don't look at it with what you want or expect. Look at it with what you see based on those stats. For me, I see a guy who should probably be hitting leadoff in this team's lineup. The problem is lack of speed. I still would put Votto at leadoff and move Senzel to second. Votto is an on base machine. He is not hitting nearly as well with runners on base. Move him to leadoff, let him work counts and get on base. That is who he is now. He is still one of the better players in the league at getting on base. I am okay with him batting 2nd, but I think the Reds would be better served moving him to leadoff and telling him to just focus completely on what he is now best at, getting on base.

Thank you @futurecoach. For those who may not be watching the game, we do need to see both sides.

If you watch the news tonight, see how many negative stories on versus positive stories. People report the negative and not the positive most times. On the news tonight, there were five shootings but three kids got free ice cream. What is reported? Do you write Chanel 5 News and tell them to do more positive news?

If you watch the news tonight, see how many negative stories on versus positive stories. People report the negative and not the positive most times. On the news tonight, there were five shootings but three kids got free ice cream. What is reported? Do you write Chanel 5 News and tell them to do more positive news?

I don't mind you reporting negative things that happen. But if we just read your comments on Votto, we all would think he is the worst player in the NL. We need people to also report the positive things to get a true picture.