Leslie County - 2019 Schedule

Aug 23 vs. Perry County Central

Aug 30 - OPEN

Sep 6 at Williamsburg

Sep 20 vs. Clay County

Sep 27 at Owen County

Oct 4 vs. Middlesboro (District Game)

Oct 11 vs. Knott County Central (District Game)

Oct 18 at Morgan County (District Game)

Oct 25 at Breathitt County (District Game)

Nov 1 at Harlan

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

• 4 weeks later...

The new realignment favors Leslie County a lot, the Eagles will make some noise in 2A, they aren't state title contenders but they will be one of the forces to be reckoned with in the eastern half of 2A.

• 3 weeks later...
Are we sure Leslie is playing South Laurel on August 30? South's coach put out a game request on the Listserv for that date citing contract issues as the reason for a cancellation.

I know the KHSAA is not the end-all-be-all when it comes to finalized schedules (as ironic as that may sound), but both Leslie and South Laurel are still showing one another on August 30th, and South Laurel's HUDL page is showing the same.

Leslie should take a big step forward after a rough year last year. Spurlock is a very solid player for them at LB and they also return their QB and top WR in Parker and Smith.

After a 3-8 season last year I can see them hosting a home playoff game or two and a winning record. Think they may start 0-3 though if that schedule is correct.

• 2 weeks later...
I know the KHSAA is not the end-all-be-all when it comes to finalized schedules (as ironic as that may sound), but both Leslie and South Laurel are still showing one another on August 30th, and South Laurel's HUDL page is showing the same.

Schedules updated today with Breathitt County playing South Laurel on August 30th and Leslie County now showing an open date.

Leslie County is open at this point on Aug. 30 and Sept. 6. I'm showing Fairview with an open date on August 30 and Sayre on September 13 (although I think they're playing a JV game that date). Not sure who Leslie will end up playing; they could end up with a Tennessee team or a 9-game slate.