Russell Wilson's New Contract

The Seattle Seahawks and Russell Wilson have reached agreement on a four-year, $140 million extension that includes a $65 million signing bonus and makes the quarterback the highest-paid player in the NFL.

I am all for professional athletes getting as much money as they can because the amount of money generated in pro sports (especially the NFL) is ridiculous. But, when I heard he was the highest paid NFL player now, it made my ears perk up. My initial gut reaction was "He isn't good enough to be the highest paid player in the NFL."

I'm curious what your intital reaction was to the news. Should he be the highest paid?

Seahawks make Wilson top-paid in NFL

After hanging at the top 15 highest paid and, he's near the top. I'd say he's definitely in the top 5.

Wilson

Rodgers

Ryan

Cousins

Garropolo

Stafford

Brees

Care

Luck

Smith

Flacco

Roethlisberger

Manning

Rivers

Newton

The Seattle Seahawks and Russell Wilson have reached agreement on a four-year, $140 million extension that includes a $65 million signing bonus and makes the quarterback the highest-paid player in the NFL.

I am all for professional athletes getting as much money as they can because the amount of money generated in pro sports (especially the NFL) is ridiculous. But, when I heard he was the highest paid NFL player now, it made my ears perk up. My initial gut reaction was "He isn't good enough to be the highest paid player in the NFL."

I'm curious what your intital reaction was to the news. Should he be the highest paid?

Seahawks make Wilson top-paid in NFL

You are worth whatever a team will pay you. It is the nature of the business where any new contract comes up, that person becomes the new highest paid player. If Kirk Cousins received $84MM guaranteed, Wilson definitely earned his $65MM of guaranteed dollars.