Snow Accumulation Forecast (Updated)

nWo

This is my first call for snowfall accumulations this weekend.

Cincinnati/NKY 5-7"

Owensboro 4-6"

Louisville/Elizabethtown 2-4"

Maysville 1-3"

Paducah 1-3"

Lexington/Richmond 1-2"

London 1"

Things will more than likely change as we get closer to Saturday. The Canadian and NAM models are showing a more southerly track than the GFS. Here is all three together. This is through Monday morning at 1 am.

220-nodither.gif

I will update tomorrow morning.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We are leaving for Cleveland on Sunday. Be back Monday night. What can we expect? Thanks my friend.

As of now, you can expect anywhere between 3-6" through southern and central Ohio by early Sunday morning. Temperatures in the mid-20s.

Thanks Any accumulation for Cleveland?

Look for anywhere between 4-7" through central Ohio. There's a real sharp cutoff on the northern edge of this system. Cleveland maybe a dusting to 1" unless it moves to the north.

Weather Channel has the high in Covington between 35 and 40 every day from now until Wednesday.

I come to believe the Weather Channel is the most unpredictable forecast to look at. It is all based on model and it is computer updated. It really doesn't use the human aspect of forecasting. That is why it changes so frequently. This was told to me by a local weatherman here in WKY.

I am showing it being above freezing everyday, but not by much.

Either way, I am mostly interested in the white stuff.

Weather Channel has the high in Covington between 35 and 40 every day from now until Wednesday.

This is what WCPO shows...

Friday

Partly Cloudy

37° / 19°

10%

Saturday

Light Snow

34° / 27°

100%

Sunday

Snow

37° / 26°

50%

So unless it's sunny I doubt it will make much of an impact. I'm over the cold already. Looking forward to a little snow though.

Been a lot of talk about the rain/snow cut off line and that one or two degrees can make a huge difference.

Looking at underground weather which shows different stations readings throughout NKY. Two of the stations in far Southern Boone and Kenton counties show temps around 38 & 39 degrees. While others in or near the 275 loop show temps of 33 & 34 degrees. Also, those are the current readings, not forecasted.