Bobby Burkhart - Longtime 9th Region Official Has Passed Away

I am saddened to learn of the passing of longtime 9th Region Basketball Official and present-day officials evaluator, Bobby Burkhart.

Bob was always quick with a smile and a compliment, and was passionate about doing a professional job on the court.

Our staff (Brossart) had the privilege of having him evaluate a recent game at Lloyd.

We ran into him later that night at a local eatery and he went out of his way to stop at our table and chat for a few minutes.

I'm proud to have been associated with Bob over the years as a coach and commentator.

He will be missed.

I ran into Bobby a few years ago the day after a CovCath / Holmes game at BB&T in the regional tourney, and hearing him passionately talk about the game in such clear and precise recollection, it really cemented to me just how much basketball meant to him. He was a wonderful man, and his passing is a huge loss to the community.

Hope he travels home safely!!

Bobby will be missed, on and off the court, Bob graduated from Holmes and was a very good basketball player, many people may not know that he played freshman basketball at the University of Kentucky, back when they had freshman teams. I know he was very proud that he got to work a few games with his son Robert. Blessing to the Family.

Bob was a great mentor to many young basketball officials. He loved teaching and talking about the game of basketball. He will be deeply missed by all who had the pleasure of knowing him. Rest In Peace, Bob!