Ryle 58 Highlands 41

Was impressed by Raider’s interior passing ... quick crisp passing ... when they get to the lane they find a good shot. Birds (and everybody else) will have to find a way to deal with their athleticism.

Second half both teams went zone and both offenses struggled a little bit.

I saw a lot of hype around Highlands in the rankings thread... "Highlands is loaded this year and has a great chance to upset the Raiders. Walz is an experienced coach and that will be enough to give the Bluebirds the chance to win they need."

Didn't make it to the game but looks like Ryle won handily.. any opinions? Looks like we will know more about Ryle later this week when they head to LexCath tourney.

I saw a lot of hype around Highlands in the rankings thread... "Highlands is loaded this year and has a great chance to upset the Raiders. Walz is an experienced coach and that will be enough to give the Bluebirds the chance to win they need."

Didn't make it to the game but looks like Ryle won handily.. any opinions? Looks like we will know more about Ryle later this week when they head to LexCath tourney.

Is an 8 point deficit early in 4th quarter handily? It was stated previously that game was much more competitive than final score shows.

I wasn't at the game so wasn't sure on qtr by qtr scores, but yes a 17 pt win is pretty convincing IMO.

Convincing and handily are completely different terms to me. It can be one without the other. As I said, Highlands played pretty well, but just may not have enough to get them over the hump this year, but a game in December does not decide a region winner in March.

Ryle has a good nucleus, but not real sure about their depth. If they stay healthy, they will certainly be a force to be reckoned with come tournament time.

You are splitting hairs with arguing the definition of two very similar words, but I agree December wins don't mean much.

I personally don't think any teams in the 9th are very deep this year so unfair to use that argument against Ryle, unless you are talking about the state tournament.

Did not see the game but heard as first mentioned it was closer than the score. Home crowd and good coaching probably kept the Bluebirds in the game. Ryle swept Highlands and Conner last year, but that’s a lot of games last year and this year. Hard to imagine they can sustain that with a lack of depth and young coaching. But the only games that really matter are in Feb/March, so as everyone has mentioned we will see.

Ryle sweeps Highlands and Conner because they are the better team. Pretty simple. The depth argument is a moot point because every team in the 9th is really 6-7 deep tops when a game gets hairy.

I think Coach Richey is a good coach but she has never won the Region, and does not look to have the horses to do it this year either. Coaches don't play the game... BUT whether you like Ryle's coach or not they have 3 District Titles, and a Region Title in her 4 years. (Doesn't sound like inexperience)