Woodford County at Grant County thoughts

What do they have? I hear they have a really good guard but I don't know much past that.

I haven't seen them play this year, but they had a really good game the other night against what is suppose to be a pretty good Dunbar team. I know it's hard to make those types of comparsions, but this early in the season it's about all you have to go by.

Great opportunity for two future 8th-region rivals to square off.

From what I hear, Woodford looks solid. Grant can really put up the points, so this early season matchup may boil down to the "little things", i.e., TURNOVERS.

Commenting on my own post....I don't know many coaches, however, that would call turnovers "little things." :lol2:

Tabor and Cromwell are both strong, as mentioned above, and offer a good balance with contrasting styles. But I think Woodford's strength is in their physicality, they get after you on defense and on the boards, they like to play with contact on both ends of the floor and can take finesse teams out of the game mentally. Not dirty at all, just physical.

From what I hear, Woodford looks solid. Grant can really put up the points, so this early season matchup may boil down to the "little things", i.e., TURNOVERS.

Thanks for the insight. It should be a good game.

You hit the nail on the head! Woodford's defense was much more aggressive than Grant's. Turnovers and shot selection were definitely big factors in this one.