Ravens 24 Bengals 21

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another game we should have won but Marvin and Andy choke it away. Lost to a QB that had never started a game.

Why should the Bengals have won the game?

How did they choke it away?

I thought they were being outplayed all day by a more talented team and they still almost pulled out a win on the road against a division rival.

Another game we should have won but Marvin and Andy choke it away. Lost to a QB that had never started a game.

I have zero problem with them losing to a qb who never started a game. I dont hold that against them. When that QB is the most athletic qb in the nfl, and literally zero tape on how the Ravens would use him. They literally did zero things today that their normal offense does. Yes you knew he would run, no idea exactly how they would deploy it though.

So with it being his first start and being a 1st round pick who is the most athletic qb in the nfl. Is not an advantage to the defense.

While the defense didnt play great, the dedense also gave them a shot. 2 of the Bengals TDs were results of the defense giving them short fields, and the defense even gave them the ball back at the end. So defense was by no means good. But was better today.

The Bengals offense has been missing for basically the last 5 weeks.

Congrats to Lamar Jackson on his first win as QB!! I thought he was great, hope he gets the start again next week.

Per Kelley Dickey: NFL Week 11: Lamar Jackson (Ravens) started at QB and was 13-19 for 150 yards (long=23) with no TDs and 1 INT. He was sacked 2 times for 12 yards and had 27 carries for 117 yards (long=21). He had 1 fumble, which he recovered for a 3-yard loss, and 1 miscellaneous solo tackle.

I have zero problem with them losing to a qb who never started a game. I dont hold that against them. When that QB is the most athletic qb in the nfl, and literally zero tape on how the Ravens would use him. They literally did zero things today that their normal offense does. Yes you knew he would run, no idea exactly how they would deploy it though.

So with it being his first start and being a 1st round pick who is the most athletic qb in the nfl. Is not an advantage to the defense.

While the defense didnt play great, the dedense also gave them a shot. 2 of the Bengals TDs were results of the defense giving them short fields, and the defense even gave them the ball back at the end. So defense was by no means good. But was better today.

The Bengals offense has been missing for basically the last 5 weeks.

I would disagree with the zero tape part, they have 9 games of tape on what the Ravens do with him and he basically did today what he has done in the first 9 games, what was the farthest pass he threw, 12 yards, to me we should have run blitzed a bunch and made him beat us throwing it instead of giving up 250 or whatever yards rushing. With that being said the D didn’t cost the win though, offense was basically pretty bad today, if they do a remake of the movie Necessary Roughness Core should definitely get a part in it!!

I would disagree with the zero tape part, they have 9 games of tape on what the Ravens do with him and he basically did today what he has done in the first 9 games, what was the farthest pass he threw, 12 yards, to me we should have run blitzed a bunch and made him beat us throwing it instead of giving up 250 or whatever yards rushing. With that being said the D didn’t cost the win though, offense was basically pretty bad today, if they do a remake of the movie Necessary Roughness Core should definitely get a part in it!!

So you think one or two plays a game the Ravens used him in. Is the same as a game plan the Ravens had knowing he would play all game. Ok then. Definitely will agree to disagree with that then.

The Bengals have 6 games left: 2 vs. Browns, Broncos, Raiders, Chargers, and the Steelers. I think they need to finish probably 4-2 to get a wild card. Chargers and the Steelers on the road will be tough. I really think they have to win the other 4 to get in the playoffs and I think they can do it.