Class 5A Playoffs: Southwestern at Harlan County

Who gets the W?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the W?

• Southwestern
    • Harlan County

These two met last year with a regional championship on the line. The Warriors were heavily favored, but Harlan County sprung the upset. This year, they meet a round earlier. Southwestern's (9-2) health is of great concern to the outcome of this game. Supremely versatile Drew Sawyers missed SW's 21-0 win over Perry Central due to injury. If he's out again this week, this game could be much closer than it would likely be otherwise. Will the Warriors get a measure of revenge for last year, or does Harlan County (4-7) have another surprise playoff run in them?

I like the Warriors. Sawyers should be back although they lost a 3 year starter before the playoffs started and he is out for the entire playoffs. I think everyone else is healthy and SW should win this one but they "should" have won last year so who knows. Gotta play ball this time of year or you get to stay home and watch.

I like the Warriors. Sawyers should be back although they lost a 3 year starter before the playoffs started and he is out for the entire playoffs. I think everyone else is healthy and SW should win this one but they "should" have won last year so who knows. Gotta play ball this time of year or you get to stay home and watch.

They definitely should win this year. Last year Harlan County was a very good team even though there record didn’t show it. They spent most of the season trying to get healthy last year. This year is the same way,but not near as good as last year. This team will be better next year and the year after that. Sophomore heavy this season with a few upper class men.

My first trip to see a game a Coal Miners Memorial Stadium. If we can get a way early enough, where is a good place to eat?

You'll love the stadium. It is beautiful. If you can be there before the sun sets you'll have an awesome view of the walking bridge entering into the field. It is an incredible setting.

As for food...not much