Northwestern 31 Purdue 27

Getslow

Fun game.

Brohm has a decent game plan and has some nice players... he just doesn’t have his QB.

Sindelar is capable of electrifying stuff and when he’s good, he’s really good. His decision-making is a real problem. That interception right before halftime that allowed Northwestern to take a 14-point lead at the break was just inexcusable.

Blough on the other hand is perfectly capable and careful with the ball, but remains limited.

Same issue Brohm had last year. That defense’s second-half performance was the only reason they were in this game. Held Northwestern scoreless in the second half. Defense was Purdue’s saving grace last year and it might have to be again.

Stupid penalty by Lorenzo Neal with 2-3 minutes left took away any chance the Boilers would have had to win or tie at end. Looked to me that Purdue was a little "out-physicaled" by Northwestern. All in all, a good college game to watch.

Fun game.

Brohm has a decent game plan and has some nice players... he just doesn’t have his QB.

Sindelar is capable of electrifying stuff and when he’s good, he’s really good. His decision-making is a real problem. That interception right before halftime that allowed Northwestern to take a 14-point lead at the break was just inexcusable.

Blough on the other hand is perfectly capable and careful with the ball, but remains limited.

Same issue Brohm had last year. That defense’s second-half performance was the only reason they were in this game. Held Northwestern scoreless in the second half. Defense was Purdue’s saving grace last year and it might have to be again.

I agree it was a fun game. I was glued to the TV in the second half.

Hated the penalty by Neal at the end of the game. I didn't care so much if Purdue won or lost, but it sure would have been nice to get the ball back for a chance to tie or win it.

My wife and I went and the atmosphere was electric. Rondale is going to be so much fun to watch the next several years.

This team will be fine and hopefully can get bowl eligible again this year. But Purdue has a really tough schedule this year so they are going to have to find a way to win 6 games again.