Montana Fouts named KY Gatorade POY for the 3rd year in a row

Montana Fouts, Alabama signee and star of the MaxPreps #2 Nationally ranked East Carter High School Raiders, was announced as the Kentucky Gatorade Player Of The Year for the third year in a row. Montana is also a top contender for the National POY. Heading into the State Tournament, she owns the state record for wins (144) and strikeouts. Her ERA is currently 0.07, which would also be a state record. To date, she has 12 no hitters and 8 perfect games this year. Congratulations Montana and to the team! Good luck in the state tourney.

Do they have a chance to win the tournament just based on having her pitching? That seems pretty unhittable. I hope I get a chance to watch her once this week.

I think anytime you have a pitcher like that you have a chance. I also think the top programs will be able to scratch out some runs against them. I haven't been able to see them this year, but I believe they should be stronger. They beat Warren East 2-1 this year. They also got Holy Cross and Boyd County, but beyond that it's not a great resume. But... as long as Fouts is in the circle they have a chance against anyone. I try not to pull for anyone except second region teams, but a state championship would look great with all her other accomplishments.

Do they have a chance to win the tournament just based on having her pitching? That seems pretty unhittable. I hope I get a chance to watch her once this week.

Their 2nd baseman has signed a LOI to Louisville and another has signed to play D1 softball. A 4th player has signed to play at Kentucky Christian Univ.

I think anytime you have a pitcher like that you have a chance. I also think the top programs will be able to scratch out some runs against them. I haven't been able to see them this year, but I believe they should be stronger. They beat Warren East 2-1 this year. They also got Holy Cross and Boyd County, but beyond that it's not a great resume. But... as long as Fouts is in the circle they have a chance against anyone. I try not to pull for anyone except second region teams, but a state championship would look great with all her other accomplishments.

Yeah. Their schedule was a bid of a dud compared to other top contenders. I was expecting a who's who schedule this year but all it has been is a couple of decent teams and a 16th region round robin.