Cooper Baseball

Can someone provide us with some insight into the 2018 Cooper baseball team? A quick glance at KHSAA tells me they have 12 wins and 5 losses.

Who are their top pitchers? Who are their top fielders? Top batters? etc.

Is there any regularity to the batting order? If so, who usually bats lead-off and clean-up?

Tell us something about the team and its chances in post season.

Thanks.

Honestly they could go to state or be out in districts. They have won most games despite head coaching.

No consistent lineup or field positions. Infielders playing outfield, never playing the best players against the best competition, and mistakes little league coaches wouldn't make...

They have a football coach trying to be a baseball coach. Never played the sport himself and it shows this year.

Honestly they could go to state or be out in districts. They have won most games despite head coaching.

No consistent lineup or field positions. Infielders playing outfield, never playing the best players against the best competition, and mistakes little league coaches wouldn't make...

They have a football coach trying to be a baseball coach. Never played the sport himself and it shows this year.

This sounds similar to the last coach they had. Seems like Cooper cant hire a baseball guy who knows much.

What mistakes did the coach make that little coaches wouldn't make?

What mistakes did the coach make that little coaches wouldn't make?

He coaches third base during batting. Several times I saw him watch the batted ball roll into the outfield and just stand there admiring the hit. Problem is he forgot about the runner who was on 1st and doesn't tell him to come to third or stop at 2nd. Player has to guess and if he gets out on the play the coach yells at him even when it was the coaches fault.

Also saw him yell for players to sub in late in the game after they had been pulled and could not renter in the situation. An assistant coach would have to yell no, go out and explain why not to the head coach, who would then stomp off and yell for a different kid. A lot of rules would have to be explained to him after the fact by the assistants.

Another case he yelled at a kid for not running to third (similar situation to above) and told the kid he "should have been watching the ball to know he could run". This case the player was running from 1st with the hit going right down the first base line. For me, it is engrained in a player from t-ball to NOT watch the ball and listen to the base coaches.... to top it off, the assistant coaches told the player to not listen to the head coach when he made it back to the dugout.

He also has the simplest signs which are known by the opposing team. Last night they were playing a team they have played several times and the third baseman watched his signs and called out the bunts and steal attempts every time. This was the guy standing next to him! Needless to say they have had more people caught stealing this year that I have ever seen in high school baseball.

And this isn't even mentioning his choices in which players he plays each game..., that makes no sence either and he won't listen to suggestions from his assistants even on the field.

Honestly, last years coach was disliked for a number of his decisions, but at least he knew baseball... This year has been very frustrating for the players in particular.

All I can say is wow.....

Just found out this "Coach" cussed out my friend's son at their practice today because of the posts above.

He assumed it was the boy's father who posted it and apparently had choice words for the boy to say to the father.

So professional.

That being said - Coach Bush - if you are reading this please "privately if need be" send me your message. Don't degrade a member of your team in front of his peers on an assumption which is wrong about who I am.

Whether most of your comments are true or not ... no clue. .... I do know for a fact that at the very least ... your Head Coach played baseball from the time he was extremely young until the end of high school.

Are you really saying that the team is 12-5 ... and the Coach has nothing to do with that? (I have no clue--but I do know that when other coaches read this stuff ... it makes them extremely not interested in coming to a place like that).

Again ... not doubting you ... but I would assume all of the parents who have "issues" have met with the coach ... and had the same discussion that they are bringing to light here?

The team is 12-10. Should be a lot better than that with the talent.

Coach has made it very clear he will not talk to parents about the team so I doubt any parents have spoken up directly to him .... just kept the complaining in the bleachers.

I have been to 5-6 games this season and all of the comments are based on what I saw or heard coming from the dugout.

He coaches third base during batting. Several times I saw him watch the batted ball roll into the outfield and just stand there admiring the hit. Problem is he forgot about the runner who was on 1st and doesn't tell him to come to third or stop at 2nd. Player has to guess and if he gets out on the play the coach yells at him even when it was the coaches fault.

Also saw him yell for players to sub in late in the game after they had been pulled and could not renter in the situation. An assistant coach would have to yell no, go out and explain why not to the head coach, who would then stomp off and yell for a different kid. A lot of rules would have to be explained to him after the fact by the assistants.

Another case he yelled at a kid for not running to third (similar situation to above) and told the kid he "should have been watching the ball to know he could run". This case the player was running from 1st with the hit going right down the first base line. For me, it is engrained in a player from t-ball to NOT watch the ball and listen to the base coaches.... to top it off, the assistant coaches told the player to not listen to the head coach when he made it back to the dugout.

He also has the simplest signs which are known by the opposing team. Last night they were playing a team they have played several times and the third baseman watched his signs and called out the bunts and steal attempts every time. This was the guy standing next to him! Needless to say they have had more people caught stealing this year that I have ever seen in high school baseball.

And this isn't even mentioning his choices in which players he plays each game..., that makes no sence either and he won't listen to suggestions from his assistants even on the field.

Honestly, last years coach was disliked for a number of his decisions, but at least he knew baseball... This year has been very frustrating for the players in particular.

No clue on anything happening at Cooper and I don't even know who the coach is but if it's not a double turning into a triple that is hit to the right side of the outfield OR a player stealing second and then the ball is hit, these are high school players and they should be able to get a read on the ball that is put into play. You can't yell all instructions on the base paths--not at this level--because things happen too fast.

As far as substitutions, Kentucky's rules make it confusing compared to Ohio or other states. You can have two courtesy runners, a DH, and re-enter rule. I see quite often a coach discussing changes with the umpire and/or asking if a player can run, re-enter, etc.

Also, as a general rule, I'll side with the coaching staff before parents when it comes to playing time decisions.

With all that said, IF he cussed out a player for this, then he is in the wrong and you have some issues there.