Strong to severe storms possible Thursday and Friday (5/3-4/18)

nWo

Thunderstorms some of which could be strong to severe will be possible both Thursday and Friday this week. For now, the severe threat looks to be marginal at best but I will be watching it closely and post a more detailed forecast later this evening.

KY_swody2.png

KY_swody3.png

The possibility of severe storms has diminished for today and for now there still remains a marginal chance for scattered strong to possibly severe storms for portions of Kentucky for Friday. I will update later.

KY_swody2.png

For Friday it seems that the area with the best chance to see some scattered strong storms will be the NKY area. The timing looks to be after 5 pm ET. The stronger storms could go severe without much warning. I will update in the morning.

KY_swody2.png

radar.gif

220-nodither.gif

Just checked the latest NAM. The timing still looks to be between 5-8 pm ET for the possible thunderstorms some of which could be on the strong to severe side this evening. The severe threat while it has diminished for the NKY area it is on the increase for the Louisville area. As of right now the mainly threats look to be damaging wind gust and heavy rain where the stronger storms develop. I'm short on time and will update later.

I am under one of the pavilions in the infield this year so we’re good. Thankfully. :lol2:

Good to meet you my friend! One more in the books.

Way to keep the kids dancing

Good to meet you my friend! One more in the books.

Way to keep the kids dancing

Thanks for stopping by. The cops temporarily shut me down shortly after that because the crowd was getting too big apparently. :lol2: