Open Job: Seneca

Before the the new realignment coming up and what was released today one would have been crazy to entertain this job or even J-town for that matter.

But just like that those two jobs went from bad to pretty good just with the change of classes.

If somebody would want to come in next year and just survive, then 19-22 could be a fun few years. They at least now have a chance.

First point I want to make, I don't wish Seneca any ill. I do hope the move is good for them.

That said they are going on their 3rd coach in 3 years. I thought the kids that were on the team last year played hard but there just weren't many of them. I think they had less then 30 players dressed when they played Trinity in the first round of the playoffs, Even at 5A if they can't improve their numbers they will have a hard tome competing with anyone.

Who was the former HC?

Jobs like Seneca are not easy, they're really not easy in a school district like Jefferson Co. where leadership is questionable all over the place.

But some advice for the admin making the selection...hiring a person that's a teacher and make their teaching schedule one that will all them an opportunity to have some success. For example, at my school we have 8 periods so each teacher gets a planning and lunch period. Most of the HC of various sports also have one period of ISS (In School Suspension) duty. Out of 8 periods they have 5 classes to plan for. The admin has to be willing to work their so the coaches want to come back for another year.