Powell County 50 Owsley County 42

I’m not very pleased with tonight’s officiating, thought it was badly one-sided. But of course, being a fan of Owsley I suppose I’m biased in my opinion. However, neutral fans from the other two teams preparing to play after the Owsley-Powell game were shaking their heads and talking about it afterwards, too.

As for Macie, she has fought an intestinal virus of some sort all week. She wasn’t at full strength and the game was very physical and she was doubled and sometimes tripled all night. So that was not in her favor. In my thinking the refs could have called numerous pushing and holding fouls on Macie’s defenders but they called very few.

The big hurt for Owsley was their second leading scorer and point guard, freshman Lexy Lynch, was called for 3 fouls in the first quarter of the game and a fourth before she could be taken out of the game. She ended up playing only the first and last quarter of the game, and her ball handling and scoring, and assists, were sorely missed.

In the last few minutes Owsley cut the game to 3 points but couldn’t get any closer. And as stated above by All State Baseball , the foul discrepancy in attempts was 48-16. Fortunately Powell didn’t convert a great amount of them but in an 8 point win it didn’t take too many makes with that many opportunities to make a difference.

I’m proud of the season the Lady Owls have had. They had a great record and were fun to watch. And good luck to Macie Gibson on her future at Murray State. She scored over 3000 points in her career and was a joy to watch over the years. I wish she had felt better tonight but she gave it her all. All the girls played their hearts out. Most are freshmen and I’m looking forward to watching them mature as basketball players over the next few years.

Owsley defeated Powell by double digits twice this year. I wish tonight could have been different but it is what it is.

I’m not very pleased with tonight’s officiating, thought it was badly one-sided. But of course, being a fan of Owsley I suppose I’m biased in my opinion. However, neutral fans from the other two teams preparing to play after the Owsley-Powell game were shaking their heads and talking about it afterwards, too.

As for Macie, she has fought an intestinal virus of some sort all week. She wasn’t at full strength and the game was very physical and she was doubled and sometimes tripled all night. So that was not in her favor. In my thinking the refs could have called numerous pushing and holding fouls on Macie’s defenders but they called very few.

The big hurt for Owsley was their second leading scorer and point guard, freshman Lexy Lynch, was called for 3 fouls in the first quarter of the game and a fourth before she could be taken out of the game. She ended up playing only the first and last quarter of the game, and her ball handling and scoring, and assists, were sorely missed.

In the last few minutes Owsley cut the game to 3 points but couldn’t get any closer. And as stated above by All State Baseball , the foul discrepancy in attempts was 48-16. Fortunately Powell didn’t convert a great amount of them but in an 8 point win it didn’t take too many makes with that many opportunities to make a difference.

I’m proud of the season the Lady Owls have had. They had a great record and were fun to watch. And good luck to Macie Gibson on her future at Murray State. She scored over 3000 points in her career and was a joy to watch over the years. I wish she had felt better tonight but she gave it her all. All the girls played their hearts out. Most are freshmen and I’m looking forward to watching them mature as basketball players over the next few years.

Owsley defeated Powell by double digits twice this year. I wish tonight could have been different but it is what it is.

Don't feel lonesome, Estill got throttled by Lee County by 20 in the 2nd game. I'm sure everyone will be happy to see Hannah Kash graduate other than Lee County folks.