Looks like winter not quite done yet

nWo

Looks like we are not quite done with wintry weather precipitation just yet. According to the information I've seen the rain that we will get today through Saturday evening could end as snow for some. The possible snow accumulations late Saturday for now looks to be north of a line from Paducah eastward to around Paintsville. This morning the NAM is showing the possibility of 2-4" of snow north of that line. The following map is at 7 pm EST Saturday night.

snowa.png

Here is the simulated radar to show what might play out.

32-nodither.gif

I'll be monitoring the situation throughout the day. If the trend continues I'll post my first call for snow later today. One thing of note all three models I usually use are showing the possibility of snow.

Take care and be weather aware.

1st call for snow on Saturday. Looks like 1-3" mainly north of I-64 with the highest accumulations being in EKY north of I-64. Those south of I-64 will receive rain.

snku_acc.us_ov.png

Here's the simulated radar for Saturday from 10 am to 7 pm.

32-nodither.gif

As of this morning, the snow coverage area has seemed to diminish some. A dusting to 1/2 inch in parts of NKY around the Cincinnati area. Southeast of that area mainly around the Maysville are 1-2 inches are possible. Some just southeast of Maysville may get upwards of 3 inches. The timing looks to be early afternoon. Everyone else looks to receive rain. A Flood Watch is out for SEKY. There are also some Flood Warnings for various rivers in Kentucky.

snku_acc.us_ov.png

radar.gif