Past NKAC Winners

Does anyone have a list of the previous NKAC winners?

at least the last 5 to 10 years?

I've been in NKY for 20 years, and involved in sports for most of those 20 years. And I can't remember anyone ever claiming, announcing, or celebrating an NKAC championship in any of the major sports. As far as I've ever known, the NKAC is more of a "club" of schools that ultimately only provide recognition to players and teams, rather than an actual "conference" of teams for competition purposes. There is no tournament, conference championship etc, and the only time I ever hear anything about the NKAC is when it recognizes players and coaches at the end of the year. Now wrestling and swimming do hold an NKAC tournament, but that's about as much as I've seen in regards to NKAC "Championships". I may be completely off base, but that's just my perception of what the NKAC is.

I've been in NKY for 20 years, and involved in sports for most of those 20 years. And I can't remember anyone ever claiming, announcing, or celebrating an NKAC championship in any of the major sports. As far as I've ever known, the NKAC is more of a "club" of schools that ultimately only provide recognition to players and teams, rather than an actual "conference" of teams for competition purposes. There is no tournament, conference championship etc, and the only time I ever hear anything about the NKAC is when it recognizes players and coaches at the end of the year. Now wrestling and swimming do hold an NKAC tournament, but that's about as much as I've seen in regards to NKAC "Championships". I may be completely off base, but that's just my perception of what the NKAC is.

Your perception is spot on too!!! I was being sarcastic with my post due to a disagreement I had in a previous post. See below.

From @Blueto

Pretty sure SK pays dues every year, and attends all NKAC meetings, and Coach Stowers attends the banquet. So, that leads me to believe it means something to SK.

Nothing more than cooperating. Stowers is a stand up guy and I think there may even be a fine for schools that don’t pay their dues. It would also be a very bad look for a school not to participate.

The NKAC doesn’t mean anything and only gets talked about when it names the all star teams. Most people couldn't tell you whose in the NKAC let alone care who wins it. There is no NKAC website, it’s main purpose seems to be for scheduling more than anything. Only a select number of schools circle conference games on their schedule and pretend that they mean something.

In hoops you have to schedule each team in your NKAC division. This is one are where some non 9th regions teams are included in NKY.

This discussion has gone on for years.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-boys-basketball/nkca-all-conference-145776.html

In hoops you have to schedule each team in your NKAC division. This is one are where some non 9th regions teams are included in NKY.

This discussion has gone on for years.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-boys-basketball/nkca-all-conference-145776.html

I understand that part. I also get the the player recognitions at the end of each season. What I don’t see or hear much about is the crowning of a champion, aside from hearing about it every now and then from the smaller schools. It just doesn’t seem like the team championship generates any excitement across NKY, especially when there’s no playoff or tournament.

I would say winning the NKAC Division 1 Conference is tougher than winning the 8th Region nkufan23.

I could be wrong but I believe SK won or shared the NKAC crown from 12-13 thru 16-17. I’ll let you do the math. I would say that’s pretty good. By the way looks like they also won a couple regional ships in that same time frame.

Since the the NKAC is so tough @Buttermaker, would you say this type of domination is a good accomplishment?

I understand that part. I also get the the player recognitions at the end of each season. What I don’t see or hear much about is the crowning of a champion, aside from hearing about it every now and then from the smaller schools. It just doesn’t seem like the team championship generates any excitement across NKY, especially when there’s no playoff or tournament.

It seems to only generate excitement in Camel Country.

It seems to only generate excitement in Camel Country.

I believe you are more excited about it than anyone. No one is having any parades in Campbell County. I said that it happened. Campbell beat SK and they were the best team in NKY this year. No banners, no parades.

I could be wrong but I believe SK won or shared the NKAC crown from 12-13 thru 16-17. I’ll let you do the math. I would say that’s pretty good. By the way looks like they also won a couple regional ships in that same time frame.

Since the the NKAC is so tough @Buttermaker, would you say this type of domination is a good accomplishment?

Ryle won the NKAC Div. 1 title in 2015-16

I believe you are more excited about it than anyone. No one is having any parades in Campbell County. I said that it happened. Campbell beat SK and they were the best team in NKY this year. No banners, no parades.

I’m just stating facts. I could care less about NKAC championships. I think I’ve already expressed my feelings on the importance of the NKAC. The NKAC is nothing more than a showcase of exhibition games that mean absolutely nothing. If you wouldn’t have brought up the fact that Campbell beating SK was for the NKAC championship than I would have never known.