Madison Central 76 Ballard 50

Central takes down 2 of the top teams in Louisville on back to back weekends. Last Friday they beat Trinity by 1, and tonight, in a game that was never really close they take down Ballard.

Cozart dominated in all areas of the game tonight. On the defensive end he had Ballard scared to even try to get in the paint and on the offensive end he scored when called on. Isaiah Minter also had a good game offensively but everybody played great on the defensive end.

This is the best defensive performance that Central has put on this year, and they really took care of the ball against a very fast athletic team tonight. Great win for Central, but a lot of work to do as we have both Lexington Catholic and Covington Catholic among others left to play.

Great win.....ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TRIBEEEEEEE!!!!

Isaiah Cozart finished with 20 pts 10 rebounds and 10 blocks

Isaish Minter had 20 pts

Dustin Gerald had 19 pts and 9 rebounds

great game for all

Great stats.Minster and Gerald up under rated. Great team ball.

I have been telling people that Madison Central is the real deal. You all have a real chance of coming out of your region. Where is your region held this year?

Great stats.Minster and Gerald up under rated. Great team ball.

I have been telling people that Madison Central is the real deal. You all have a real chance of coming out of your region. Where is your region held this year?

It is at EKU I believe again this year. Any other region we would have a great chance to play at Rupp. Unfortunately at the moment, all roads lead thru Scott Co. in the 11th region. Doesn’t mean we or somebody else can’t beat them, but they are the clear front runner Currently. I am hoping that they are in the opposite end of the bracket and they get Bryan Station and Lafayette with them lol. Should be a battle royal of a tournament for sure.

It is at EKU I believe again this year. Any other region we would have a great chance to play at Rupp. Unfortunately at the moment, all roads lead thru Scott Co. in the 11th region. Doesn’t mean we or somebody else can’t beat them, but they are the clear front runner Currently. I am hoping that they are in the opposite end of the bracket and they get Bryan Station and Lafayette with them lol. Should be a battle royal of a tournament for sure.

They (Scott) can have Lafayette in their bracket but cannot have Bryan Station in their bracket because they are from the same district. So Madison Central will have one of those two in their brackets and would have a 50/50 chance of playing them in the first round because one of them will go to the regional as a runner up.

They (Scott) can have Lafayette in their bracket but cannot have Bryan Station in their bracket because they are from the same district. So Madison Central will have one of those two in their brackets and would have a 50/50 chance of playing them in the first round because one of them will go to the regional as a runner up.

The wild thing is Henry Clay has improved as much as anyone and sit as a major dark horse in this region.

The wild thing is Henry Clay has improved as much as anyone and sit as a major dark horse in this region.

your are right, Henry Clay has gotten much better as the season has gone on, and have a couple of nice players that could spell upset, if the higher ranked teams over look them.

Never easy in the 11th!! But if you get out of the 11th you go to Rupp knowing you can win it. Not every other region can say that!

I guess the fourth game of the 11th Region tournament is against the 7th Region champion in Rupp Arena. What a gauntlet that winner is going to have to face!

Isaiah Cozart finished with 20 pts 10 rebounds and 10 blocks

Isaish Minter had 20 pts

Dustin Gerald had 19 pts and 9 rebounds

great game for all

Happy to admit when I am wrong. Madison Central kicked their butts! I still like Ballard to give Trinity all it can handle in the 7th region tourney. As always has been the case the past 10 years, the 7th region tourney is a 2 horse race. Trinity, from a talent perspective, should run away with it, but they let teams hang around and Ballard could be a team that gets them if they make some 3s and turn them over.

Happy to admit when I am wrong. Madison Central kicked their butts! I still like Ballard to give Trinity all it can handle in the 7th region tourney. As always has been the case the past 10 years, the 7th region tourney is a 2 horse race. Trinity, from a talent perspective, should run away with it, but they let teams hang around and Ballard could be a team that gets them if they make some 3s and turn them over.

Ballard just ran into a buzz saw on Saturday. That is the best Central has played all year. Defense was stifling, and the 3 main scorers all showed up on the same night. Saturday was really a showing of what this team is capable of when they focus, take care of the ball, and get after it on the defensive end.

I agree that Trinity is the most talented, but you are right, they almost look disinterested at times on the court. Ballard will defiantly have to hit some 3's and control the tempo, if they want to take out Trinity.

your are right, Henry Clay has gotten much better as the season has gone on, and have a couple of nice players that could spell upset, if the higher ranked teams over look them.

Their schedule has been brutal. Most if not all of their losses have been against quality teams.

The big game for Henry Clay will be the opening game of the district I believe they have to play Bryan Station in the elimination game. That will be a heck of a district tournament at Frederick Douglass.