Rupp Arena Magic

Hatz

In my long memory I remember so many times that UK did something akin to last night. Pulled victory out of the jaws of defeat.

Here's some instances that rival last night in my memory.

Last game in Memorial. Cats trailed Miss State by about 5 or 7 with a minute left if I recall. In fact the Bulldog Bench players were being interviewed on the radio during a Time Out celebrating their big win. But Cats came back to tie it and win in Overtime 94-93.

Kansas. Enough said. 66-60 with :23 left and the Cats rally to tie it on a steal and 12 foot Macy jumper. KU calls a timeout they don't have and Macy sinks the Technical FT for a 67-66 Cat win.

Auburn. Cats trailed late and yet tied it. Macy swished a jumper at the buzzer to win 67-65.

UL. Cardinals play the Cats off their feet late and hold a one point lead but KY wins on a Cedric Jenkins tip in at the buzzer.

Miami plays great all game ties the game with 6 seconds. Only to have John Wall sink a jumper at the buzzer to win it.

I'm sure there are others but it seems that KY pulls one of these out every so often when they have no business really winning the game.

Cameron has seen its share as did Carmichael at UNC. But Rupp seems to have a little magic still left in its wood.

There was the UNC game in 2011-12 where Anthony Davis blocked a shot at the buzzer.

Forgot about that. Allowed the Cats to win by 2. And if I recall correctly, Cats made Davis shoot it for UNC (not one of their better shooters) and when the Cats rebounded the block the Tar Heels sat in shock and never fouled, letting the clock run out.

Good Catch Wireman.

In my long memory I remember so many times that UK did something akin to last night. Pulled victory out of the jaws of defeat.

Here's some instances that rival last night in my memory.

Last game in Memorial. Cats trailed Miss State by about 5 or 7 with a minute left if I recall. In fact the Bulldog Bench players were being interviewed on the radio during a Time Out celebrating their big win. But Cats came back to tie it and win in Overtime 94-93.

Kansas. Enough said. 66-60 with :23 left and the Cats rally to tie it on a steal and 12 foot Macy jumper. KU calls a timeout they don't have and Macy sinks the Technical FT for a 67-66 Cat win.

Auburn. Cats trailed late and yet tied it. Macy swished a jumper at the buzzer to win 67-65.

UL. Cardinals play the Cats off their feet late and hold a one point lead but KY wins on a Cedric Jenkins tip in at the buzzer.

Miami plays great all game ties the game with 6 seconds. Only to have John Wall sink a jumper at the buzzer to win it.

I'm sure there are others but it seems that KY pulls one of these out every so often when they have no business really winning the game.

Cameron has seen its share as did Carmichael at UNC. But Rupp seems to have a little magic still left in its wood.

I wouldn't put 2009 in there with the other true memorable ones. Wasn't like uk was losing when Wall made the shot. They simply would have went to overtime.