Open Job: Notre Dame Academy

Lol I've been waiting for someone who supports the program to acknowledge the situation there too.... but the usually mouthy fans and supporters have been silent. The bigger surprise is that there has been no new hire announcement. This happened quite a while ago.

Crickets...... (chirp.. chirp)

Sounds like they have a mommy and daddy problem at NDA.

I find it particularly interesting that Notre Dame has been hunting for a coach at the same time as Bishop Brossart and it was Brossart that landed Notre Dame grad Bree Popham as their new volleyball coach.

I don’t think the NDA job was open until after Brossart hired their new coach. I could be wrong???

First of all it has been a little bit over a month since the coaching position became available. Most would agree that it should take more than a month to find a qualified coach to run the program the NDA. FYI, Bree Popham took the Bishop Brossart position prior to the head coaching position became available. She is an extremely qualified coach but has no Varsity coaching experience. With regard to Sandman's comment about the "usually mouthy fans" ............. what do you want to hear from NDA fans? Sorry to disappoint but there is no scathing story , no mommy and daddy drama or other program issues. Hate to disappoint the NDA haters. Merely a coaching position became available. The players were notified personally and were told a qualified replacement would be found to carry on the NDA Volleyball Pandas! Maybe the haters should concentrate on their own volleyball programs and making them a winning program instead of hating NDA for their success.

Didn't realize that the Brossart position was open that much earlier than the NDA position. For what it's worth I think NDA has taken a chance on a first time head coach in the past though. Andrea Lanham was if memory serves.

I'm no hater at all, but still, Notre Dame as a school has mommy and daddy drama when it comes to athletics. See the closed thread in the basketball forum questioning the NDA head coach if you have any doubt.

I am pretty sure none of you are associated with NDA other than possible getting beat by them at some point in the last gazillion years. Why don't you all concern yourselves with something you know about. The reason NDA Volleyball is successful is a dedicated group of girls, parents, coaches and administration. Nothing more nothing less. There is parent drama in every sport, in every school and every program. Coaches move on, it happens. Hopefully NDA will be successful in finding a coach that will lead NDA Volleyball to many successful years.

I am pretty sure none of you are associated with NDA other than possible getting beat by them at some point in the last gazillion years. Why don't you all concern yourselves with something you know about. The reason NDA Volleyball is successful is a dedicated group of girls, parents, coaches and administration. Nothing more nothing less. There is parent drama in every sport, in every school and every program. Coaches move on, it happens. Hopefully NDA will be successful in finding a coach that will lead NDA Volleyball to many successful years.

Nope. Last time we played ND we handled them pretty easily. And I do know quite a bit about the program. They've been successful because they get the best players with the best experience and background, it's just that simple.

You pretty much made my point as well. There is not parent drama in every sport at every school. It mostly occurs where there is a greater sense of entitlement. Parents need to support and stay out of the coach's and AD's office. That doesn't happen at ND. Especially when their daughter doesn't make the all tournament team.

• 2 months later...