Bengals 2018 Draft Needs

I assume it isn't too early for this one.

I am going to go with:

OL, LB, TE, CB

I have to disagree with LB or CB being a true need. The starting linebackers are solid. Vigil looked good, Burfict is Burfict, Rey is a solid backup. I actually thought Minter did well before injuries. Evans showed flashes. Could always add depth, but I just don't see it as a need or same with cb.

I would put safety as a need though. Te is only a need if they don't sign Eifert back. I'm comfortable with Kroft now as a backup to Eifert.

So for me the needs are OL, S, and Qb. Just like we shouldn't let these last 2 games make us want to keep Lewis. It's the same for Dalton. His ideal body of work shows we need a qb.

The last 2 games have shown that OL is a need but not the Titanic it was at the beginning of the season. That one is squarely on the coaching staff. When 3 practice squad/guys that were on a couch can help knock 2 teams out of the playoffs then the changes should have been made long ago.

DB is always a need in a WR dominated league. So WR is also a need. As is QB. I think Safety and LB are needs but only if the right player is there.

To me OT and Safety are the most pressing needs. I would also like to see a change at the QB position but I am in an abusive relationship with Andy Dalton. Just when I’m done with him for good he whispers sweet nothings in my ear and makes me give him another chance. I’m looking at 3 guys with the 12th pick: Mike McGlinchey, Derwin James, and Baker Mayfield.

To me OT and Safety are the most pressing needs. I would also like to see a change at the QB position but I am in an abusive relationship with Andy Dalton. Just when I’m done with him for good he whispers sweet nothings in my ear and makes me give him another chance. I’m looking at 3 guys with the 12th pick: Mike McGlinchey, Derwin James, and Baker Mayfield.

I'm with you on the first two names, Mayfield IMO is going to be Johnny Football Jr. I think there is also need at TE, you cant sign Eifert based on his potential...potential to miss 8 games a year I guess!

I'm with you on the first two names, Mayfield IMO is going to be Johnny Football Jr. I think there is also need at TE, you cant sign Eifert based on his potential...potential to miss 8 games a year I guess!

Manziel and Mayfield are two completely different guys. The only thing similar about them is they both are not that tall. Manziel has had things handed him to him his whole life, basically spoiled thinking he is better than everyone. Mayfield actually worked to get where he is, walking on to both Texas Tech and then Oklahoma. The dude played intramural football for the first year at Oklahoma. Mayfield also showed to be a much more accurate of a passer and much more consistent. Go back and watch Manziel highlights and you see him scrambling around forever, and then throwing the ball off his back foot high in the air, and Mike Evans just jumping over people to make the catch. Mayfield actually stays in the pocket to complete passes, and then also can use his legs to make throws too. Teammates of Mayfield never seem to worry about Mayfields work ethic or desire. While Manziel just showed to thrive on pure ability, rather than work ethic.

Manziel showed that once he got to the NFL being late to meetings, etc. While Mayfield has never shown that. Is Mayfield a little cocky, yep. Does he back it up, yep. Mayfield also works to back it up, Manziel just showed up and expected to be better.

Manziel can’t hold Bakers jock strap. Baker is a natural born leader. As cocky as the dude is he brings his lunch pale every day and there is no one more respected in that locker room.

Well with Marvin back you know they aren't going to take a qb now. The red headed clone of Lewis will still be the qb. So o line and safety help. Te if you don't keep Eifert.

They never needed a qb, they have 3 on the roster, need to dump one of them and keep the other two. Keeping Eifert would be a huge mistake.

Manziel can’t hold Bakers jock strap. Baker is a natural born leader. As cocky as the dude is he brings his lunch pale every day and there is no one more respected in that locker room.

Not saying he isn't a good player, not saying he doesn't work hard, I just don't think his game translates well to the NFL, my opinion. As far as being the most respected guy in the locker room, well I don't have any ties to Oklahoma that can confirm or deny, so I'll have to take your word for it.