Campbell County 62 Elizabethtown 50

dd734

Does anyone have the box scores.

Campbell County 62, Elizabethtown 50

Elizabethtown (8-1) - Hay 5 0 11, Murphy 3 1 7, Walker 4 8 16, Gattis 1 0 3, Clark 3 1 7, Evans 2 0 6. 18 10 50.

Campbell County (10-0)- Koeninger 1 0 2, Clos 5 7 19, Schwarber 7 6 22, Wells 0 3 3, Holbrook 3 1 9, Stapleton 2 2 7. Totals: 18 19 62.

Halftime: CC 29-21. 3-pointers: E 4 (Evans 2, Hay, Gattis), CC 7 (Clos 2, Schwarber 2, Holbrook 2, Stapleton).

Beating Mercer would have to put them there... Adding a win over Mercer would mean they have a better record, more big wins, won head-to-head, and did what Sacred Heart failed to do - I can't see any argument against it.

But... I am afraid that's not going to happen. I see their great run coming to an end. Sacred Heart and Mercer are both at a level that I am not sure Campbell can match. This will be the toughest team that they have seen... I look for this to be double digit Mercer win.

I agree that Mercer County is a very good team, but outside of Sacred Heart their opponent's record this season is 16 -- 27. Campbell County has played and defeated several National and State ranked teams (Montini Catholic, Male, GRC, Ryle, Mount Notre Dame, & E-town). The Lady Camels are battle tested and will be ready for a great game tonight against the Lady Titans.

Will be a great game for sure. Campbell Co is definitely playing well and like it is March already. They have everyone on the team clicking together as well.

Mercer arguably has more horses than Campbell but not clicking on all cylinders (yet) as they did last March. Sacred Heart easily won 3 of the 4 quarters in their match earlier. Mercer's quarter just happened to be the 4th. Make no mistake, SHA outplayed Mercer. Mercer just happened to have more points at the end which gave them the W. SHA & Campbell are definitely clicking better team-wise than Mercer. I do NOT see Mercer winning by double digits as 'EasyEdge' mentions... it could easily be the other way around.

At the end of the day ... it's only December. Good fun and good basketball!!