iPad Advice

Jumper_Dad

I've never owned an Apple item before but I'm thinking about getting my wife an iPad for Christmas.

-95% of the use would be for social media and checking work emails. (Company uses private server so being able to check emails is a must)

-I think at least a 7.5 or bigger screen, but I'm not even sure what size they come in yet.

-Doesn't have to be the newest version but I also don't one that is already outdated or past it's prime either.

-Looking Wi-fi only as her phone has free hot spot she can use when traveling for the iPad.

I just figured some of you could give me recommendations based on personal experience, which I prefer over reading Apple's description.

I've never owned an Apple item before but I'm thinking about getting my wife an iPad for Christmas.

-95% of the use would be for social media and checking work emails. (Company uses private server so being able to check emails is a must)

-I think at least a 7.5 or bigger screen, but I'm not even sure what size they come in yet.

-Doesn't have to be the newest version but I also don't one that is already outdated or past it's prime either.

-Looking Wi-fi only as her phone has free hot spot she can use when traveling for the iPad.

I just figured some of you could give me recommendations based on personal experience, which I prefer over reading Apple's description.

If she has an iPhone, assuming she likes it, she will like the iPad. You can set it up to access just about any email server you want as long as you have the needed info, just like an iPhone. The full size have a bigger than 7.5 screen but not sure the exact size, probably 9". The iPad mini has closer to the 7" screw.

Was there a reason you were looking at Apple for the tablet instead of an Android based? It seems people are either fans of one or the other. Some to extremes.

Not really but I'm even less familiar with those than what little I know about iPad.

Is there one you would recommend? I'm flexability in my choice.

Not really but I'm even less familiar with those than what little I know about iPad.

Is there one you would recommend? I'm flexability in my choice.

Actually I would recommend the IPad but mainly becasue it's what I know. We did buy our kids Samsung tablets a few years ago for Christmas and will never do it again. 1. I hate the Andriod system and 2. the tablets were junk.

If by chance she's a traditional typist and will be doing a significant amount of typing then tablets can be annoying because you can't rest your fingers on the home keys of the onscreen keypad without activating them, and she'll have to abandon her typing skills in lieu of the hunt and peck method. Hanging hands in mid-air to try the traditional method will also give her carpal tunnel. A bluetooth keyboard is an option however. I have an old outdated android tablet that I use for limited reasons, but typing long posts on BGP is not one of them. :lol2:

I have an iPad for years, and currently the the 9.7 iPad Pro. I had a mini for awhile, and really did not like the size. You could can still find iPad Airs (which is also 9.7 inches) at pretty reasonable prices. I use mine for note taking ( ypthe Pro is compatible with the Apple Pencil), web browsing, game playing, watching movies etc.