Best Albums of 2017

I like 4:44 by Jay Z, but I like just about everything he does. My favorite of the year.

Joey BadWFV's latest album, All-Amerikkkan BadWFV got a song, Temptation, on Madden, which is dope. Solid listen front to back.

J.I.D's first offering, The Never Story, has stayed in heavy rotation.

Kendrick made another good one with Damn.

Those are about the only albums I listened to all the way through more than two or three times.

• 1 month later...

Ryan Adams – Prisoner

Sampha – Process

The xx – I See You

Waxahatchee – Out In The Storm

White Reaper – The World’s Best American Band

Fleet Foxes – Crack Up

Childish Gambino – Awaken, My Love

JD McPherson – Undivided Heart & Soul

Phoenix – Ti Amo

Tinariwen – Elwan

I missed the boat a little earlier in the year when @Hangman and @Science Friction were mentioning him, but I bought Tyler Childers' record Purgatory on the recommendation of a friend. It's great. Apparently other folks agree, because the album was produced by Sturgill Simpson, and Simpson actually played and sang backup in various places in the album. Purgatory definitely makes for one of the best albums of the year, in my book.

Ryan Adams – Prisoner

Sampha – Process

The xx – I See You

Waxahatchee – Out In The Storm

White Reaper – The World’s Best American Band

Fleet Foxes – Crack Up

Childish Gambino – Awaken, My Love

JD McPherson – Undivided Heart & Soul

Phoenix – Ti Amo

Tinariwen – Elwan

I missed the boat a little earlier in the year when @Hangman and @Science Friction were mentioning him, but I bought Tyler Childers' record Purgatory on the recommendation of a friend. It's great. Apparently other folks agree, because the album was produced by Sturgill Simpson, and Simpson actually played and sang backup in various places in the album. Purgatory definitely makes for one of the best albums of the year, in my book.

Glad you gave him a shot and liked what you heard. Doesn't matter how you got there as long as you got there.

I missed the boat a little earlier in the year when @Hangman and @Science Friction were mentioning him, but I bought Tyler Childers' record Purgatory on the recommendation of a friend. It's great. Apparently other folks agree, because the album was produced by Sturgill Simpson, and Simpson actually played and sang backup in various places in the album. Purgatory definitely is the best albums of the year!

Fixed this.

• 4 weeks later...