Is Todd Gurley the best running back in the NFL?

Saying he is the best at this moment is a true statement! His #s prove it! Even after his subpar year last year I thought he was WAY better than his #s showed.

His O line play has stepped up for sure. The Rams O line dominated the Cowboys yesterday. Gurley had horrible o line last year.

His O line play has stepped up for sure. The Rams O line dominated the Cowboys yesterday. Gurley had horrible o line last year.

I think the stats last year showed he got hit sooner on average than any RB in the NFL, that line and play calling was horrible last season.

Saying he is the best at this moment is a true statement! His #s prove it! Even after his subpar year last year I thought he was WAY better than his #s showed.

So are we supposed to use his numbers to prove how good he is or not? lol.

Or do we only use numbers when it supports what we think?

I think the only other guys in the discussion are Leveon and Zeke and neither one of them is exactly setting the world on fire right now. Right now I think it's Gurley.

Still disagree on Zeke. Zeke is very good but hard to say he is definitely top even 2 is a stretch imo. Considering he plays behind the best line in football. As we see with Gurley line play and even who calls the plays makes a huge difference in how a running back looks. Zeke is top 10 but considering that line produced a 2000 yard rusher before he even got there, and also made McFadden a 1000 yard rusher and rather healthy. It's just hard for me to say he is one of the top 2. When I think there may be 10 other backs who also would tear it up behind that line.

Still disagree on Zeke. Zeke is very good but hard to say he is definitely top even 2 is a stretch imo. Considering he plays behind the best line in football. As we see with Gurley line play and even who calls the plays makes a huge difference in how a running back looks. Zeke is top 10 but considering that line produced a 2000 yard rusher before he even got there, and also made McFadden a 1000 yard rusher and rather healthy. It's just hard for me to say he is one of the top 2. When I think there may be 10 other backs who also would tear it up behind that line.
Who would you say is better than Zeke excluding Leveon and Gurley?

Who would you say is better than Zeke excluding Leveon and Gurley?

I will name guys who I think if they played behind that line could also look at least as good.

McCoy with the Bills

Fournette with the Jags

Hunt with the Chiefs

Cook with the Vikings

David Johnson with the Cardinals

Quite honestly I think Joe Mixon behind that line would look like a star too. Instead of never having anywhere to run behind the Bengals line.

Honestly I think another OSU back Carlos Hyde would also have been considered a stud behind that line.

All the guys mentioned like Zeke are very talented running backs. The difference is Zeke has a easier chance to show his talent behind the best line in football. If you switch Zeke with one of those guys I think he still does good. However the guy you switched him with probably then looks better than he would if he was on another team.

Zeke is very good. I just think you could switch him with almost any of the guys I mentioned, and they would look better than other backs too just like Zeke does.