Trinity vs. St. Xavier 2017 - Pride Week

theguru

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:

September 23, 2017 Chris Toth (502) 736-2122 toth@trinityrocks.com

TRINITY VS. ST. XAVIER 2017 - PRIDE WEEK

Activities at Trinity High School the week of the Trinity-St. Xavier football game (Sept. 29)

LOUISVILLE, Ky. – The 2017 Trinity-St. Xavier football game will be played Friday, Sept. 29, at the University of Louisville’s Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium. Kickoff is at 8 p.m.

The week leading up to the game – “Pride Week” as it is called at Trinity – is filled with fun activities and photo opportunities.

SUNDAY, SEPT. 24

Shamrock Awards Dinner, Galt House East, Grand Ballroom, 1 p.m.

This annual event kicks off Pride Week for Trinity. At this event, Trinity will honor its finest students – those who placed on the honor roll all four quarters last school year, National Merit Semifinalists and Commended students, Steinhauser Scholars and new members of the National Honor Society and Beta Club.

MONDAY, SEPT. 25

Shillelagh Cup at Lake Forest Country Club, 1 p.m.

This Ryder Cup-style event pits Trinity alumni vs. St. X alumni in a fun day of golf.

St. Xavier vs. Trinity Junior Varsity Football at Saint X, 5:30 p.m.

The JV Tigers and Shamrocks will battle before a near sellout crowd.

TUESDAY, SEPT. 26

1953 Society Dinner at The Galt House East, Grand Ballroom, 6 p.m.

This annual dinner honors students who have earned scholarships and those major donors who make this financial aid possible.

WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 27

Dunking Booth at Trinity Lunch, Trinity Cafeteria, 11:35 a.m.-1:25 p.m.

Trinity students have the opportunity to dunk their favorite teacher in the dunking booth.

Trinity vs. St. Xavier Soccer at Trinity, 7:15 p.m.

The soccer Tigers and Shamrocks will battle before a near sellout crowd. The freshman play at 4:30 p.m., junior varsity at 6 p.m., and varsity at 7:15 p.m. Both varsity teams are ranked among the state’s best this season.

THURSDAY, SEPT. 28

Dunking Booth at Trinity Lunch, Trinity Cafeteria, 10:55 a.m.-1:05 p.m.

Trinity students will have the opportunity to dunk their favorite teacher in the dunking booth.

Hamburger Cook-off, Cornhole Tournament and Car Decorating Contest

Trinity students will compete in a car decorating contest, cornhole tournament and hamburger grilling competition. Students will submit their own burger recipes, grill them and then present them to the judges. Burgers are due to judges by 5 p.m. The events lead up to the freshman football game at 5:30 p.m.

“Salute to the Game” Luncheon, Galt House East, Grand Ballroom, Noon

Trinity and St. Xavier high schools will participate in a luncheon event to support the Catholic Education Foundation of the Archdiocese of Louisville. Proceeds from the luncheon will support the Catholic Education Foundation’s mission to provide tuition assistance for families wanting their child to attend a Catholic school.

Be on hand as Bob Beatty from Trinity and Will Wolford from Saint Xavier break down X’s and O’s and key factors for the big game! Coach Howard Schnellenberger is this year’s keynote speaker.

St. Xavier vs. Trinity Freshman Football at St. Xavier, 5:30 p.m.

The freshman Tigers and Shamrocks will battle before a near sellout crowd.

FRIDAY, SEPT. 29

Pep Rally, Trinity’s Steinhauser Gymnasium, 1-2 p.m.

The Rocks will get loud at the annual Trinity-St. X pep rally.

FRIDAY, SEPT. 29

St. Xavier-Trinity Varsity Football Game, Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium, 8 p.m.

The teams from both proud schools will battle for the shillelagh.

Founded in 1953, Trinity is an all-male Catholic high school with 1,200 students and more than 15,500 alumni. Trinity is a Catholic, college-preparatory high school, forming men of faith and men of character.

The original title was "Beat St. X Week" and not this politically correct "Pride Week". St. X was to agree not to use the "Beat the Weeds" chant, but alas, it is still in use today. I tolerate them, I don't have to like them, especially this week! :-)

Not sure how far back you go but it was pride week 20 years ago when I started at T.

Not sure how far back you go but it was pride week 20 years ago when I started at T.

I was a freshman in 1975. I have witnessed every St. X-Trinity varsity football game beginning with 1974 losses 21-0 and 3-0.

Edited by thsrocks

I was a freshman in 1975. I have witnessed every St. X-Trinity varsity football game beginning with 1974 losses 21-0 and 3-0.

the 21-0 1974 game was my first ever &, like you, haven't missed one since, but that streak ends this Friday, gotta go to a wedding, & it's KILLING me!!!

the 21-0 1974 game was my first ever &, like you, haven't missed one since, but that streak ends this Friday, gotta go to a wedding, & it's KILLING me!!!

I had a cousin who was a running back for Coach Servino who allowed his finacee to schedule a wedding during the football season. I wonder why St. Martha was available in the first place. I reminded him when he got engaged there are 36 other weeks of the year, stay out of football season. My aunt is still unhappy that I missed the wedding!

At least my wedding was scheduled on an open date in 1993 (UK was off and U of L was on the road). There were no excuses! Alas, I missed my last varsity game while on my honeymoon. The marriage ended after 7 years. The football streak continues, with game #342 this Friday!