Apple Event 9-12 New IPhones, 4K Apple TV, new AirPods

Pete W

Will anyone else be spending a few hours watching the Apple Keynote?

I will, already want the IPhone edition or whatever it will be called. Was gonna buy an Apple TV 4 to replace my 3rd gen but waiting on this new one.

But mostly I can't wait for IOS 11, I have the iPad Pro 9.7 and it seems that it will add a lot of good features.

Did something malfunction during the launch of products?

Yes, When they were getting ready to show the new animojies Craig Frederichi (sp) held the phone up for faceid to recognize him and it didn't work, twice, he switched phones and it worked.

I didn't watch the launch but was looking at the new products yesterday. Phones are getting out of control on prices. The 8plus 256G at $949 and the X at $1149.

Right now I have a 7 Plus 128 GB and on AT&T next plan pay $36 per month for it, if I upgrade to X 64 GB would go up to $42 per month, or for 256 GB $47 per month.

I've got a 6S Plus that I could upgrade if I want. So far I'm not in any hurry. I haven't done a lot of research into the new phone but from what I've seen so far, doesn't seem like there is anything new that I couldn't live without or maybe even use much. Might be able to get a good price on a 7 once the 8 / X comes out.

Just like always, I suppose that I will stay a few generations behind the times because I just can never justify forking over the cash required to be the first on my block to have the most up-to-date, and current inventions.

When it comes to cars, phones, stereos, TV's, computers, etc... somehow I've managed to get to age 53 using the same approach instilled in me by my Dad (raised during the Great Depression), of not having to keep up with the Joneses.

As a kid I always wished that we had something brand spanking new, yet my Dad steadfastly remained frugal, and we were the last to get color TV with UHF, always had used cars, tended to get knock-off versions of brand named toys or electronics...

...you get the idea...

...and while as a kid it always felt so lame and second rate, no doubt by the time the bucks had to come out of my own pocket, I instantly began to comprehend his wisdom, and have followed it without fail my entire adult life, and have never felt that I was lacking.

I know that he'd be proud, and I just wish that I had the opportunity to sit down with him and map out every detailed way that I have followed his lead, and even some of the more ingenious ways that I've applied his vision.

Though I began working in a computer oriented field in 1983, I never personally owned a computer until 2007.

I observed my co-workers year after year go through one PC after the other while filling up their garages with countless stacks of outdated computer equipment and spaghetti wires knowing full good and well that the day would come for a more simplistic approach.

Until I finally jumped on board, the 40 hours a week that I had access to the most state-of-the art equipment at my workplace was more than sufficient to keep me in the know, and satisfied.

When the Facebook craze began, myself and many of my colleagues who had been schooled for years in high security watched in amazement how the general public, my siblings included, so carelessly jumped at the chance to allow themselves to be on display opening up opportunities for hackers to have a field day.

Though I had an email account long before my family even knew what that was, recently my sister, because I'm not on Facebook, asked me if I had email yet. LOL!

I forget exactly when I got my first cell phone, but when I did it was the bottom of the line cheapest Nokia available, and within a year was notified by the phone company that the phone would no longer work in the system, and that they'd give me a free phone to become up-to-date. Though I've had a couple of behind the times blackberry versions of phones, it wasn't until last year that I finally had a true smartphone, and even that one is pretty much old and bottom of the line.