All-region and All-State players for 2018

How bout some numbers.Mid .500's is first team all state caliber numbers.Hits,doubles,rbi,defense?

Well I'll have to look it up. I am her coach and I can tell you that avg is legit. I can also tell you she was nominated for all state and didn't get much. However I can also tell you 9th region doesn't get much respect at all when it comes to all-state recognition. So it never surprises me when kids don't get recognized. I will try to post her stats later. But I can also tell you that she has started at 2nd base for us since she was a 7th grader and that's on two teams that have made it to the state tournament.

South Laurel - Leslie Dixon, senior shortstop - recently committed to play softball for Carson Newman and has been named 13th Region Player of the Year the past two seasons. Also selected to East-West Junior All Star team last season.

I did some research on Gabbard and can't find sophomore numbers but did find some freshman numbers..373,38 hits,25 rbi.1st team all region as a sophomore.A legit player to watch in 2018

Her freshman year she also started the season in a horrible slump! One of those she just could not shake. Don't quote me, but I think she was hitting around 200 about mid season. She bumped it up to the 373 by the end of the season once she finally came out of her slump. Since that slump, she has been killing it. I know she hit right at 500 for her travel team (Cincy Doom) this summer. Doom is one of the top travel orgs in Ohio. She is seeing it very well and is a hard out. Her weakness is speed, so doubles and triples aren't as high as others, but she hits! She's a gap to gap kind of hitter that hits to all fields.

Leslie Dixon .494 BA,.559obp

42 hits,7 doubles,4 triples,4 HR

17 RBI.Very good production from the 2 time 13th Region POY.

And the key number .... only one strike out. Didn't really play a lot of games compared to seasons past due to so many rainouts. But she did have a solid junior year.

Four players to watch down at Lyon County. First Sophie Bingham, a pitcher who throws in the low sixties and hits some at leadoff but usually in the 2 hole. But most of you guys have heard of her. The kids I would like to introduce are 1 Callista Collins, 2 Sydney Melton, and last but not least Kaelyn Conger. Collins is aplayer everyone wants on their team. She hit over .450 as an 8th grader. She can play anywhere except pitch and has for us. Callista played in the summer for The Sluggers the kid can rake with power. Sydney Melton was an 8th grade catcher for us last year. Sydney has a cannon attached to her shoulder and can also play anywhere in the field. She looks to only get better as she ages. Melton also brings her bat each night. I believe she hit 4 "Dongs" last year and is only getting better. You guys have to see this swing it isn't always the prettiest but it is always a controlled violent swing. Sydney played for the Rage during the summer until she aged up and moved to the St Louis Khaos. Sydney hit 12 or so homers during travel this year@ 14U. Last is Conger or as we call her Kongo. This is a pitcher work in progress and over the last year she has progressed. Kongo started the year hot with the bat and cooled a little as the season went on. That didn't make her a cheap out though. I think she hit two hr's as an 8th grader. This young lady is starting to come into her own as a pitcher. Her fastball is mid to high 50's with a nice little change. Her out pitch is a knee-lock curve that is only getting better. Watch these three I think your only going to hear good things about them. One other player at Lyon to kind of keep a watch on is pitcher Allie Culp. From watching and hearing she had a great summer pitching and is a super coachable kid. Culp isn't going to blow hitters away with speed, but can hit spots and dance the ball around with movement. I will try to get back on tomorrow after work and give you guys a run down on a few others in Western KY.