5th Region Top Teams 2017

Wanted to make a list of who I thought will be top teams in region this year as well as the teams top players. Give your thoughts!

1. John Hardin- Pearson and Witherspoon both return, and new player Malik Wright joins the Bulldogs.

2. Taylor County- Trevon Smith, Deijon Irvin, Grant Mcqueary, Austin Ellis all return as starters.

3. Adair County- Corey Melton and his 19 ppg return. Junior Anthony Payne and Senior Hunter Cundiff should also be major players. Also new addition #1 ranked freshman Zion Harmon.

4. Larue County- Shane King and Mark Goode return as starters. Anthony Adkins is back and should start as well.

5. Elizabethtown- Seniors Darius Harding, Tyler Durbin, and Kass Disney all return as starters.

6. North Hardin- Lost all 5 starters so unsure who will be main contributors for them as of yet.

7. Bardstown- 4 main scorers lost. Seniors Tayshaun Anthony and Drew Mason could start.

8. Washington County- Lost top scorer DT Yocum but return starters Cameron Willis and Drew Yates.

9. Marion County- Senior leading scorer Lez Means returns, as well as Travis Wiser and Luke Thomas.

10. Hart County- Return All Region player John Shoulders and only lost one senior off of last years team.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it finishes in this order...lol. Etown will be tougher this year, their top 4 kids have been starting since sophomore year. I'm hearing Larue will have a major transfer in and also that the kid from Hart might be heading to TC. A lot of rumors but you know how it goes in the 5th though.

Those are definitely some big rumors if true. Kid from Hart averaged 21 last year. I have heard another player being at Adair, just a sophomore too. Guess we will find out once school starts

John Shoulders is the kid at Hart County. He is playing football for Hart County. I don't look for him to transfer to Taylor County. LaRue County haven't heard of a transfer there but wouldn't surprise, they get a lot of transfers in there a lot. Kyle Sheridan, Kelton Ford, M.J. Embree, both Goode boys.

I like Central Hardin to be better than expected and North Hardin will be very good if Roger MacFarlane returns for the Trojans making the 17th district a tough task for anyone.

McFarlane is gone already...Central won't be bad at all....and of course somebody is gonna have to beat them in there gym to get to regionals because no one in the 17th has enough balls to recommend having the tourney somewhere else

Where did roger go, back to Florida? If that is the case I look for North to be 4th in the 17th district.

I think Marion County is under valued in the rankings at the top. I see Marion better going into the season that North Hardin and Washington County.

North Hardin did lose a lot but will still be very athletic as normal that's why I had them so high. Marion lost 2 seniors that combined for 16 of their points and were starters thats why they weren't any higher. I do though believe anyone in the 6-10 range is a toss up

North will absolutely still be athletic and talented. It's also a military community so you never know if there is a military transfer arriving until school starts tomorrow...same same for John Hardin as it pertains to transfers. I don't think North has a go to guy on this team though. I think it's gonna be between AC and John, but hey I thought the same thing last year.....Top 5 or 6:

John Hardin

Adair

Etown

Larue

TC

Lol, this could very well be an issue

Have to be referring to Malik Wright. Anthony Witherspoon is good but not player of the year in region caliber.

How does Malik Wright compare over all to past John Hardin players? Brandon Price, Matt Miller and Devontae Guilleroy.

Who is the rumored transfer to LaRue County this season? Had heard possible departures from there with Adkins, Belton and King but hadn't heard of newcomers.