5th Region Top Teams 2017

John Hardin has some really athletic players with size. I just wish the Smalling kid hadn't moved because that would be a 4 headed monster with Pearson, Witherspoon, Wright, and Smalling. They will still be very good, but that would have been scary.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Hardin has some really athletic players with size. I just wish the Smalling kid hadn't moved because that would be a 4 headed monster with Pearson, Witherspoon, Wright, and Smalling. They will still be very good, but that would have been scary.

1000% agreed.

Don't believe they had anyone much over 6'3 or 6'4 last season. Taylor County won the region and didn't have anyone over 6'1 when Gaines was out.

I don't doubt they can win it with the height that they have. Lasley although maybe not 6'3 or so played much bigger than that. Most AC fans will tell you he was their best overall player. Add one of the Melton kids (don't know them apart) he was about 6'3 or 6'4 if not taller. In addition, for Taylor County Trey is over 6'3. I get your overall point though. You can win without the height, but you better have some kids that play a lot bigger than 6'3 or 6'4.

Adair will prob start 5 guards the guys playing inside this year for Adair are 3s at best. Expect Adair to press and play zone a lot.

Really? Because last year's Adair team didn't seem to be the least bit concerned about playing actual defense. So that will be a new thing for the kids who were at Adair last year.

Only one starter returns from that team in the younger Melton brother, but from what I know all the kids contributing this year will play much harder on the defensive end than the team last year, especially due to size issues.

Only one starter returns from that team in the younger Melton brother, but from what I know all the kids contributing this year will play much harder on the defensive end than the team last year, especially due to size issues.

I'll be interested in watching to see how that plays out. Consider me skeptical.

I seen Adair play four times last season (at Elizabethtown and the three region games at Central Hardin) and I never thought the defense was that bad. By no means was it the best but not worse and numbers back it up.

While leading region in scoring at 79.6 ppg they gave up only 57.3 ppg, of teams that made regional tournament only one was less in allowed ppg was LaRue County. Adair and North Hardin were essentially the same while Adair averaged more possessions per game presumably than the rest due to a higher ppg average.

North Hardin allowed 57 ppg

John Hardin allowed 60.1 ppg

Bardstown allowed 59.3 ppg

Taylor County allowed 65.1 ppg

Nelson County allowed 59.4 ppg

LaRue County allowed 53.8 ppg

Caverna allowed 74.6 ppg

I really like Eizabethtown team his season. I think this is the year the Panthers return to the regional tournament. I personally think Harding had a chance to be in the conversation for top player in the region with Pearson and Harmon. He has improved his shot a ton this off season.

I really like Eizabethtown team his season. I think this is the year the Panthers return to the regional tournament. I personally think Harding had a chance to be in the conversation for top player in the region with Pearson and Harmon. He has improved his shot a ton this off season.

Couldn't agree more. That group has been together for awhile now. Tyler Durbin is legit and Darius Harding is top 25 in the state. They should return to region this year absolutely.

Schedule should be much better for Adair this year. They play in the Marshall County Hoopfest, McCracken County Mustang Madness and Nashville Music City Showcase. They also host John Hardin, and Mercer County and play @ Larue County.