Boone County 2017

Ram

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boone County was senior laden last year. A few underclassmen started and several others got playing time. So this will be a team that is young and inexperienced. The coaches will need to get this team ready for game 1 and then hopefully the team and individual players will settle into their role quickly.

The linebacking core will return two starters. Dylan Ward started at OLB. He will be a senior next year. John Mark Shutt led the team in tackles from his spot at MLB and will be a junior for 2017. RJ Summers and Hunter Freeman will vie for time at the other OLB spot. Both will be juniors next year. I think the linebackers will be the strength of the defense. It is the only part of the defense that returns any starters.

The offense really needs for some skill players to emerge. Zac Grau throws a nice ball and can read defenses. He will need protection from the offensive line to be successful (I know right?). I'm not sure there will be one featured back. If so, it will most likely be Wingo but I suspect it will be running back by committee. In addition to Wingo, Summers, Shutt, and Freeman all will get carries early on, at least until someone emerges. There may be another back that I am not aware of but I can't remember anyone else receiving carries last year. Spring ball and summer will be a time for the coaches to see if one of these players stands out.

Tevin Merritt returns as a starter on the O-Line. He is really solid. Seniors M. Stockwell and Noah Curee, both returning from injury, project as starters. Senior Michael Gibson will be at TE.

One thing is sure, conditioning will be important because several of these players will be playing offense and defense.

^ That was more summary than analysis and suffers from my limited perspective and knowledge of the team. Any other Boone Co fans want to chime in and give some insight? What do they need to do given the relative inexperience of the team?

Establish the power running game because that is what they have most of at that position?

• 2 weeks later...
All I have is these schools.

SK

Cooper

Conner

Ryle

Campbell County

Holmes

George Rogers Clark

Dixie

Highlands

Is that posted publicly somewhere? I have only seen three games listed so far: