Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County 2017

Featured Replies

What does Boone County need to do to improve in 2017? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boone County was senior laden last year. A few underclassmen started and several others got playing time. So this will be a team that is young and inexperienced. The coaches will need to get this team ready for game 1 and then hopefully the team and individual players will settle into their role quickly.

 

The linebacking core will return two starters. Dylan Ward started at OLB. He will be a senior next year. John Mark Shutt led the team in tackles from his spot at MLB and will be a junior for 2017. RJ Summers and Hunter Freeman will vie for time at the other OLB spot. Both will be juniors next year. I think the linebackers will be the strength of the defense. It is the only part of the defense that returns any starters.

 

The offense really needs for some skill players to emerge. Zac Grau throws a nice ball and can read defenses. He will need protection from the offensive line to be successful (I know right?). I'm not sure there will be one featured back. If so, it will most likely be Wingo but I suspect it will be running back by committee. In addition to Wingo, Summers, Shutt, and Freeman all will get carries early on, at least until someone emerges. There may be another back that I am not aware of but I can't remember anyone else receiving carries last year. Spring ball and summer will be a time for the coaches to see if one of these players stands out.

 

Tevin Merritt returns as a starter on the O-Line. He is really solid. Seniors M. Stockwell and Noah Curee, both returning from injury, project as starters. Senior Michael Gibson will be at TE.

 

One thing is sure, conditioning will be important because several of these players will be playing offense and defense.

^ That was more summary than analysis and suffers from my limited perspective and knowledge of the team. Any other Boone Co fans want to chime in and give some insight? What do they need to do given the relative inexperience of the team?

 

Establish the power running game because that is what they have most of at that position?

Boone IMO improved a lot last year. They lacked big play ability. It's hard to grind out every drive in 6a. If they can find a homerun hitter and get him in space they will be better for it.

The schedule?

 

Not out yet, as far as I know.

All I have is these schools.

SK

Cooper

Conner

Ryle

Campbell County

Holmes

George Rogers Clark

Dixie

Highlands

All I have is these schools.

SK

Cooper

Conner

Ryle

Campbell County

Holmes

George Rogers Clark

Dixie

Highlands

 

Is that posted publicly somewhere? I have only seen three games listed so far:

 

9/1 @ Ryle

 

9/8 @ Holmes

 

9/29 @ George Rogers Clark

Is that posted publicly somewhere? I have only seen three games listed so far:

 

9/1 @ Ryle

 

9/8 @ Holmes

 

9/29 @ George Rogers Clark

 

I didn't get the dates but I was looking off of other teams schedules.

I don't know who the 10th game is though.

 

8/25 @ Conner

 

9/1 @ Ryle

 

9/8 @ Holmes

 

9/22 @ Dixie

 

9/29 @ George Rogers Clark

 

10/6 Simon Kenton

 

10/13 Cooper

 

10/20 @ Campbell County?

 

10/27 Highlands

I think @Footballforever74 is correct about the game with Campbell County being played at CC because they were at Boone in 2016.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.