Cantrall Ratings (2/14/2016)

I agree. Going into Saturday, they were 9-0 in 2016 with recent wins over Newport Catholic and Murray (by a large margin). They are a top 15 team IMO, at least top 20.

While I do agree they are right around the top 20, I was more referring to the fact that they aren't included at all. They aren't in the 14th region rankings anywhere.

Honestly there's no need to place too much emphasis on rankings. It is what it is! Let's take a trip back to the 2000-2001 season. Eventual state champions Lafayette finished the regular season with a record of 16-11. They went on to win the 43rd district title game by defeating a Bryan Station team that was 13-7. A week later they defeat 21-7 Lexington Catholic. Now let's head to Rupp where they defeated some pretty good teams in Carlisle County(18-5), Fairdale(20-7), Male(25-2) and North Hardin(23-3). I said that to say this. At the end of it all, rankings or records don't really matter. It's all about the team that comes together at the right time for one common goal. Because honestly, no one besides Lafayette themselves believed they would win the state title.

All records posted are end of regular season records per Riherds Scoreboard.