Gloria Steinhem: Has She Figured Out Why Young Women Prefer Bernie to Hillary?

Feminist icon Gloria Steinem says young women are supporting Democratic presidential wannabe Bernie Sanders for only one reason — to meet boys.

The outspoken Hillary Clinton supporter made the eyebrow-raising remark in a Friday night appearance on "Real Time with Bill Maher."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/gloria-steinem-young-women-support-sanders-meet-boys-article-1.2522753

What's your take on feminism today, @Science Friction?

I'm all for females. I love 'em. :) Seriously, I'd like to see more young women get involved in politics. Women have made great strides since 1920 but there still more to be made, such as equal pay for equal work. Women still make three quarters of a buck for every dollar a man makes. Unacceptable. Female voices need to remain strong and consistent. I'd like to see a couple of those old male farts on the SCOTUS be replaced by a couple of younger women. Maybe Hillary will make that a priority when the openings come.

I'm all for females. I love 'em. :) Seriously, I'd like to see more young women get involved in politics. Women have made great strides since 1920 but there still more to be made, such as equal pay for equal work. Women still make three quarters of a buck for every dollar a man makes. Unacceptable. Female voices need to remain strong and consistent. I'd like to see a couple of those old male farts on the SCOTUS be replaced by a couple of younger women. Maybe Hillary will make that a priority when the openings come.

Degree choices, job occupation, education level, hours worked, and lifestyle choices have nothing to do with that wage gap?

Degree choices, job occupation, education level, hours worked, and lifestyle choices have nothing to do with that wage gap?

Yes, but still you have female executives, same education level, same amount of time in the company still making less than their male counterparts. In some cases, the female has the better resume and still earns less. Don't kid yourself, while women have made great strides, they still get the short end of the stick in many cases.

More and more strong, young, energetic women entering the political realm---that's what is needed!!!

Yes, but still you have female executives, same education level, same amount of time in the company still making less than their male counterparts. In some cases, the female has the better resume and still earns less. Don't kid yourself, while women have made great strides, they still get the short end of the stick in many cases.

More and more strong, young, energetic women entering the political realm---that's what is needed!!!

I understand that, but doesn't that make it illegal under the Equal Pay Act of 1963? Also, doesn't negotiation play apart with that? Also, if there are many cases shouldn't there be many lawsuits? Also women vote at a slightly larger percentage than men. Shouldn't they be voting in more women?

Don't forget negotiating skills. I've only met one woman who loves to barter, and does it as well, as any ten men I've known. My wife drives me up a wall as she won't negotiate on anything, particularly with a man. Now much of that may be cultural due to our age. I would hope young women coming into the workforce are more comfortable with negotiating a higher salary and benefits. If they aren't they will continue to lag as no company is just going to hand out a higher package.

Feminists like Steinem lost ALL credibility in the 90's when Bill was chasing any skirt he could find while married to Hillary and they looked the other way and still supported him. As hypocritical as anything I have ever seen...

:ohbrother:

a man chasing skirts does not decrease a women's rights movement.