Ashland vs Boyd County

IMO Ashland should win. But as much as I hate to say it, I think Boyd will end up pulling it out. For some reason, Ashland doesn't play well against Boyd, it may be a head thing. Not taking away from Boyd's defense, I just think it a mental thing.

IMO Ashland should win. But as much as I hate to say it, I think Boyd will end up pulling it out. For some reason, Ashland doesn't play well against Boyd, it may be a head thing. Not taking away from Boyd's defense, I just think it a mental thing.

Curious why you think Ashland should win? Based on what?

Based on record, common opponents, and watching both teams a number of times. I think Ashland has a better supporting cast. I know Anderson does the majority scoring, just think Ashland has the edge. JMO. Again, I feel Boyd will win, I just don't want them to. Prove me wrong, Ashland.

Based on record, common opponents, and watching both teams a number of times. I think Ashland has a better supporting cast. I know Anderson does the majority scoring, just think Ashland has the edge. JMO. Again, I feel Boyd will win, I just don't want them to. Prove me wrong, Ashland.

Boyd has a better record in region. I don't see any way either would be favored with the exception of home court advantage.

Ashland is much improved this year, no doubt. But all of Ashland's four losses this season have been convincing losses, an average of 16ppg. Ashland's first loss of the season was a 15 point loss to Boyd.

As much as I would love to see Ashland pull this one off, I'm just not sure they are there yet. With this being a rivalry, along with how up and down the 16th region is this season anything can happen, but my brain tells me Boyd wins this one and wins the district seeding.