Raceland 2015

Ram

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ram, back at work. Good for high school football.

10 game schedule finalized?

8/22 H West Carter

8/28 A Ashland Paul G. Blazer

9/4 A East Carter

9/11 H Greenup County

9/18 A Lucasville Valley (OH)

9/25 H Portsmouth West (OH)

10/2 A Lawrence County

10/9 Bye Week

10/16 H Fairview

10/23 A Paintsville

10/30 A Russell

Ram' date=' back at work. Good for high school football. 10 game schedule finalized? 8/22 H West Carter 8/28 A Ashland Paul G. Blazer 9/4 A East Carter 9/11 H Greenup County 9/18 A Lucasville Valley (OH) 9/25 H Portsmouth West (OH) 10/2 A Lawrence County 10/9 Bye Week 10/16 H Fairview 10/23 A Paintsville 10/30 A Russell[/quote']

I also have seen this finalized elsewhere. Looks to be a pretty good schedule. I personally don't believe it is as challenging as years past, however, I believe it is still one of the strongest in NEKY, especially 1A.

Rams have a lot of work to do this summer in preparation for 2015. A likely new and young QB will be in the mix. Another sophomore that is a dual threat QB just like the past few QBs have been-Elkins and Young. Also heard word that Nathaniel Davidson could have a shot at competing for QB. Davidson will be a Junior and has played RB at the varsity level. At JV, the coaches have flirted with playing in at QB to see how he performs.

Snyder returns for his senior season as the starting HB along with Christian and Davidson. Look for Snyder to have a good year rushing and a 1,000 yard year.

The loss of Messer will wound the WR position for the Rams as a all around athlete (K, PR, P, QB, WR). As the Rams have shown in years and years of tradition, "faces change, expectations don't". Another young, or old for that matter, WR will have to step up in the place of Messer.

The front seven on defense will return. Jerome Hall and Isaac Wallace will be the big men up front to clog the holes. Kyle Jamison and "soon to be named" will be the defensive ends. The second DE will be one to choose because of the variety that may play there. Seth Holbrook returns at LB to call the plays. Holbrook had a stellar year last year and looks to have an even better one this year. Davidson and Snyder will also be in the mix for the other two LBs.

There will be two new CBs and a new safety as the Rams graduate Dixon and Young along with Messer. Christian may be the fit to have at safety and the CBs may be determined during Fall Camp. The Rams had a HECK of a defense last year and I look to see a dang good year this year defensively.

I don't know much about the freshmen coming in, so I'll let Doc talk about them. This is a small, petite preview for the Rams. I'm sure I will be corrected on something by Doc or oldrambler. BIG year yet again for the Rams and look to make it to the Semis for the third year in a row and possibly their first State appearance.

First of all ......WELCOME BACK Ram ! I hope that you are doing better each day, getting stronger bc word has been circulating that Little Ram was getting pretty "cocky" in saying that he could take you now :popcorn:. LR Definitely has the size factor but I am sure that you still use intimidation / experience as an advantage

Besides, you still can pull the "removing funds" advantage.

All joking aside ...... I as well as everyone else on bgp and Ram Nation were very concerned and thank God that prayers were answered.:thumb:

As for this seasons Rams. Should go without saying but Coach Salmons and the Rams asst. coaches take a back seat to no one. Raceland has Excellent Coaching.

Defensively, Several D lineman return. a DB and another very good DB that saw a lot of playing time last year. The Rams Defense should be strong imo.

Offensively, again, there are returning linemen, practically the entire starting line I think, not sure. The Rams should have a deep/experienced backfield as the backs were young last season as well as a receiver or two returning. Lost as C. Messer, stand out receiver, kick returner, QB, RB and place kicker. I believe that he helped with popcorn sales as well :D, he will be missed. As usual around here, there are others with excellent ability ready to step up. Raceland will be inexperienced at QB.

Russell is back on the schedule this season with an added factor to an already intense rivalry is that the team on Red Devil Lane is coached by former Rams coach T.J Maynard. Russell will be very, very good this season as well. Portsmouth West, OH. is new and if that program is as strong as they have been in some past years that could be a tough one. Paintsville along with Raceland will imo be contending for the district 7 championship. As for the individual names, Little Ram, Ram or Doc will have to name them.

Overall, I think as strong as our line should be and all 3 backs returning from last year along with some good young kids makes me feel somewat optimistic this 2015 edition of RAM Football. Of course, they still have to do it in practice and on the field. No one is going to forfeit to Raceland.

Is it August Yet ?

Edited by oldrambler

As for this seasons Rams. Should go without saying but Coach Salmons and the Rams asst. coaches take a back seat to no one. Raceland has Excellent Coaching. Defensively' date=' Several D lineman return. a DB and another very good DB that saw a lot of playing time last year. The Rams Defense should be strong imo. Offensively, again, there are returning linemen, practically the entire starting line I think, not sure. The Rams should have a deep/experienced backfield as the backs were young last season as well as a receiver or two returning. Lost as C. Messer, stand out receiver, kick returner, QB, RB and place kicker. I believe that he helped with popcorn sales as well :D, he will be missed. As usual around here, there are others with excellent ability ready to step up. Raceland will be inexperienced at QB. Russell is back on the schedule this season with an added factor to an already intense rivalry is that the team on Red Devil Lane is coached by former Rams coach T.J Maynard. Russell will be very, very good this season as well. Portsmouth West, OH. is new and if that program is as strong as they have been in some past years that could be a tough one. Paintsville along with Raceland will imo be contending for the district 7 championship. As for the individual names, Little Ram, Ram or Doc will have to name them. Overall, I think as strong as our line should be and all 3 backs returning from last year along with some good young kids makes me feel somewat optimistic this 2015 edition of RAM Football. Of course, they still have to do it in practice and on the field. No one is going to forfeit to Raceland. Is it August Yet ?[/quote']

The line last season was Bradley, Wallace, Hall, Bowling, and Niece. They lost Lucas Bradley at center and Greg Bowling at tackle. Look for Caden Townsend to take over at center, although he has a lot of improvement to do. The tackle I have no idea. Maybe Jared Manis or Seth Holbrook can fill in if he has a good camp. The defensive line has to replace Bowling at defensive end.

The LB trio last year returns Holbrook, Walker & Davidson. This allowed Snyder to be fresh on offense. DL should consist of Wallace, Hall, Carmen and Jamison. Also have Fairchild and Dixon that could see action on DL. Alex Niece will be a senior and a 3 year starting OL that may see some DL time as well (depending on injuries and his conditioning). OL returns 3 of the 5 starters from last year. Look for Townsend, Fairchild, Dixon, Hall and Carmen to fill in those 2 openings. 3 backs return in Snyder, Christian & Walker. We have several WR that can catch the ball. The only question mark at this point for me is who is under center,er, I mean in the shot gun. Damon "Franchise" Black will be a Sophomore and has a cannon for an arm. We have Davidson and Christian that can QB, so, it could be a nice battle in team camp.

The LB trio last year returns Holbrook, Walker & Davidson. This allowed Snyder to be fresh on offense. DL should consist of Wallace, Hall, Carmen and Jamison. Also have Fairchild and Dixon that could see action on DL. Alex Niece will be a senior and a 3 year starting OL that may see some DL time as well (depending on injuries and his conditioning). OL returns 3 of the 5 starters from last year. Look for Townsend, Fairchild, Dixon, Hall and Carmen to fill in those 2 openings. 3 backs return in Snyder, Christian & Walker. We have several WR that can catch the ball. The only question mark at this point for me is who is under center,er, I mean in the shot gun. Damon "Franchise" Black will be a Sophomore and has a cannon for an arm. We have Davidson and Christian that can QB, so, it could be a nice battle in team camp.

Your updates are always welcome Doc. Good Info :thumb:, thanks.

I remember in a weight meet when Walker was an 8th grader heading into his freshman year I saw him and thought he was a grown man. Haven't saw him lately, I bet he is super strong. Will he get a shot to run the ball more this year or does Snyder have those duties for the most part locked down?

I remember in a weight meet when Walker was an 8th grader heading into his freshman year I saw him and thought he was a grown man. Haven't saw him lately' date=' I bet he is super strong. Will he get a shot to run the ball more this year or does Snyder have those duties for the most part locked down?[/quote']

Snyder will have most of the carries along with Christian. Walker and Davidson will most likely be the second stringers.

Walker is still very strong. He will play, no doubt. Mostly on defense though.

That linebacking group is a tough one. I don't know if last season is able to be replicated but I would like to see it. If that schedule is final I will have to be at the game against Ashland.

They all return. Walker, Holbrook, and Davidson along with Christian as the floating safety. Defense will be just as good, if not better than last season.