Braves @ Reds (5/11 - 5/13)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best OPS year ever for Jay Bruce was .846. Adam Dunn had 1 year in his first 12 with an OPS lower than that. In other words, in 11 of his first 12 seasons Adam Dunn's OPS was better than the best season ever for Jay Bruce and people hammered on Dunn to no end. If people are looking for someone to complain about, Jay Bruce is an easy target everyone is taking a pass on.

:lol2: No one has given Bruce a pass. He gets a TON of criticism.

Can you point to some posts on BGP this season criticizing Bruce? I read almost every post in the Reds threads and I don't recall much talk about Bruce - certainly nothing close to the criticism on Price, Walt, Gregg, Phillips, Mesoraco handling, bullpen incompetence, failure to use Cingrani, Votto batting philosophy ... should I go on?

Can you point to some posts on BGP this season criticizing Bruce? I read almost every post in the Reds threads and I don't recall much talk about Bruce - certainly nothing close to the criticism on Price, Walt, Gregg, Phillips, Mesoraco handling, bullpen incompetence, failure to use Cingrani, Votto batting philosophy ... should I go on?

If you're not willing to do it, I'm sure not going to look it up for ya. As a quick reference, go look through the Reds/Pirates thread from last week. I know there was quite a bit of discussion about how bad Bruce has been.

31 games and counting Gregg is on this roster. Pathetic.

I hammered on Bruce in the White Sox thread. Bruce has only hit above .229 in one month of his last 10 per Lance. If he didn't play such a good right field, he should be benched.

The best OPS year ever for Jay Bruce was .846. Adam Dunn had 1 year in his first 12 with an OPS lower than that. In other words, in 11 of his first 12 seasons Adam Dunn's OPS was better than the best season ever for Jay Bruce and people hammered on Dunn to no end. If people are looking for someone to complain about, Jay Bruce is an easy target everyone is taking a pass on.

You can check my posts from last year. Was complaining then about how it seemed his homeruns were of the early game variety, how he couldn't come thru when needed,etc. Thing was there was two or 3 on here with facts galore on how great Jay Bruce was

Well, please pat yourself on the back being astute enough to discern that Bruce sucks.

No need to pat myself on the back. I am just adding to the discussion and pointing out that Bruce is worse then Adam Dunn who was blasted mercilessly on here. I thought it was an interesting stat. Sorry it didn't do it for you and UKMF