Braves @ Reds (5/11 - 5/13)

Yep. I'd then assume Iglesias stays on the roster as a reliever.

If this happens, not sure how I feel about it. If Iglesias is going to contribute next year as a starter he needs to get his innings count up this year.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cardinals do it all the time with their young starters. How's it work out for them?

I'm well aware teams do this. As long as he gets the innings and it does not stunt his growth as a starter I'm all for it. Generally, you only add 30-40 innings to a pitcher the following year. With Cueto and Leake most likely gone next year, they need Iglesias in the rotation.

As far as St Louis, I know they went this route with Wainwright and Carlos Martinez this year. Who else have they brought up to be a reliever and then convert to a starter.

I'm well aware teams do this. As long as he gets the innings and it does not stunt his growth as a starter I'm all for it. Generally, you only add 30-40 innings to a pitcher the following year. With Cueto and Leake most likely gone next year, they need Iglesias in the rotation.

As far as St Louis, I know they went this route with Wainwright and Carlos Martinez this year. Who else have they brought up to be a reliever and then convert to a starter.

Wacha did it I believe as well.

31 games and counting Gregg is on this roster. Pathetic.

I hammered on Bruce in the White Sox thread. Bruce has only hit above .229 in one month of his last 10 per Lance. If he didn't play such a good right field, he should be benched.

I will take it a step farther. Why isn't Bruce sent down to the minors? He may be the worst hitter (as a starter) in MLB. Who is worse? Why does he get a pass and get to stay in the majors when he hits this bad continually? Send him a message that you have to earn your way to stay in the majors.

I will take it a step farther. Why isn't Bruce sent down to the minors? He may be the worst hitter (as a starter) in MLB. Who is worse? Why does he get a pass and get to stay in the majors when he hits this bad continually? Send him a message that you have to earn your way to stay in the majors.

If you send him down he would have to be brought back in 10 days.....or traded or released. Come to think of it maybe not a bad idea........