Braves @ Reds (5/11 - 5/13)

Despite how poor he's been this year, and given how desperate the Reds have been for any kind of production from LF, Byrd is on pace to hit 33 HRs, and knock in 91. Those would be welcome numbers.

Of course, his analytics suck and he's currently also on pace to get 610 PAs, which means his $8M option for next year would vest.

He's been very good the last 2-3 weeks.

May - .306 AVG .458 OBP

5 HR 11 RBI 11 BB (Which is a huge improvement)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have 4 off days in the next 18 days. I would expect them to send Iglesias down since he would not be available for a few days and since a 5th starter is not needed (they are off next Monday and Thursday) for a while. Lorenzen may end up in the bullpen during this time also.

They're skipping Lorenzen's turn in the rotation. Have said starting tonight, he'll be available from the bullpen.

He's been very good the last 2-3 weeks.

May - .306 AVG .458 OBP

5 HR 11 RBI 11 BB (Which is a huge improvement)

He has been a traditionally slow starter but this year was atrocious. Hopefully he is out of the funk. The last few weeks have been great and he is earning his keep right now. And has actually played pretty strong defense.

As I have posted several times on here, bring your 12 best arms to the fight. He is in the top 12, I dont even think Lorenzen and Iglesias are our best two from Louisville. If the Reds start hitting they will be fine, might slip in as the wild card. They play great defense and it keeps them in games. Glad Lorenzen, and Iglesias are up. Nice to see Cingranni looking good, we have better young arms than we think we do, its exciting to see them learning and getting better instead of Gregg/Badenhop, even though I think Badenhop comes around

Always like to see investment in young arms instead of the Gregg/Badenhop's of the world, no matter what.

They're skipping Lorenzen's turn in the rotation. Have said starting tonight, he'll be available from the bullpen.

Did not know Lorenzen was available tonight. If that is the case, I think it is Villareal heading to Louisville