(BB) Louisville 5 Kentucky 2

swamprat

The second-ranked Louisville Cardinals plated four runs in the sixth inning to erase a one-run Kentucky lead, pacing the Cardinals to a 5-2 win over the Wildcats, on a perfect Wednesday night in front of a season-high 3,044 at Cliff Hagan Stadium.

Kentucky (26-21) fell in the second of the two-game midweek series, as UofL rallied from a 2-1 hole with four runs in the sixth inning to take a lead it would not surrender. Louisville swept the home-and-home midweek series after claiming a 2-1 win over the Wildcats in 10 innings in the Derby City last week.

The finale of the regular-season series on Wednesday lasted three hours and 42 minutes, saw the teams go a combined 2-for-28 with runners in scoring position, strand 23 runners and commit five errors.

UL starts a 3-game series with the FSU Seminoles tonight at 6 p.m. at Jim Patterson Stadium. UL is 38-11, 21-3 and FSU is 36-14, 16-8. The games on Saturday and Sunday begin at 1 p.m.

^ Crowds should be crazy. They're opening up the Cardinal Stadium lot and providing shuttles.

I'll be at a wedding this wedding but I sort of wish I was here to see at least a game of this one. Have to think the winner of this series is on the inside track to one of the eight national seeds come NCAA time.

Last night was awesome. Crowd was taken out early as Funkhouser got shelled 2nd outing in a row, but cane back alive mid innings as Cards mounted a comeback of sorts. FSU pulled away in I believe 7th. Coach Mac has really built something special down there, I remember going as a kid at the old field. Was only for the diehard fan. Now it's a great setting and atmosphere. I will be at today and Sunday's games as well, hope the Cards can rebound. Battling for a national top 8 seed.