Bishop Brossart 11 Bracken County 0

It was May 2010 that Bishop Brossart had last defeated the Bracken County Lady Bears in the city of Brooksville, Ky. That day Alicia Miller, Lindsay Griffith and Company avenged a devastating 5-4 11 inning loss in the All A Finals at NKU by beating Bracken Co. 6-3. Today it was all Lady 'Stangs as they defrosted the Lady Bears 11-0 in five innings and 13-3 in the junior varsity game.

Amanda Graus got the party started with an infield hit in the first and then raced home on a deep shot to the fence by rbi machine Amanda Lloyd to make it 1-0.

In the second, Megan Seiter opened with a sharp single to left and stole second. However the next two batters were retired. With two outs, Riley Orth beat out a hit to plate Seiter. Following a walk to Ashley Childress, Amanda Graus tripled to drive in two. Lloyd then drove in Graus with another fence buster and suddenly it was 5-0.

In the fourth Riley Orth reached on an error to second and stole second. Lloyd then singled to plate Orth with her third rbi of the night.

The fifth inning gave the 'Stangs five runs and the 11 runs needed to win by the Mercy rule.

Kaitlyn Seiter opened the fifth with a double and then following a wild pitch scored from third on a Megan Seiter single. Karlie Shackelford shot a hard double to center to send home Seiter and make it 7-0. Macy Griffin beat out an infield single and Childress walked. The final four runs came by way of errors and wild pitches.

Karlie Shackelford came within one out of a complete game before walking two batters in the fifth. Megan Seiter came in and enduced a gounder back to the mound to end the game.

Bishop Brossart is now 18-11 on the season and will travel to Paris for a big game with Bourbon Co. on Monday at 5:30.

Amanda Lloyd had three hits and 3 rbis to pace BBHS. Amanda Graus, Kaitlyn Seiter, Megan Seiter, and Riley Orth all finished with two hits as Brossart outhit the Polar Bears 13-3.

In the junior varsity game Megan Seiter and Emily Schoulties combined to pitch the 13-3 win. Lexi Twehues drilled a triple off the very top of the left field fence to drive home the first run while Bree Wyatt's triple in the fourth sparked a six run outburst. Elizabeth Martin and Katie Reis each had two hits for the team.

DSC_0217.JPG

Unbelievable Andy Mac, Emma graduates and you all of a sudden are M.I.A. from the Bears Den. :no: :lol2:

:lol2:

Junior Parker's softball league has a monopoly on my time right now.

Still got Allie playing for the Lady Bears, but I haven't been to a single game all year.

:lol2:

Junior Parker's softball league has a monopoly on my time right now.

Still got Allie playing for the Lady Bears, but I haven't been to a single game all year.

that schedule IS pretty jacked up.