AAU Weekend Review 4/10-4/12

Going to try and start doing a weekly update of results for KY teams after the big AAU weekends this spring and Summer.

17u:

Travelers 0-4 in first EYBL session. From all appearances, Braxton Beverly and Tavin Lovan were both really good. Carson Williams was injured in their second game. I was told he rolled an ankle.

Hoop Dreams: 1-3 in first Adidas Gauntlet. Terrible shooting performance for the weekend hurt HD. below 20% from 3 and below 50% from the FT line doesn't win many games. Especially against good competition.

Manimal: 4-1 and lost to TBC in the Gold semifinals at the Bearcat Classic.

TBC: 4-1 and lost in Gold South championship of the Bearcat Classic.

Shining Stars - Price: 5-0 and won Gold North Championship of the Bearcat Classic.

16u:

Travelers: 1-2 at Boo Williams EYBL.

Hoop Dreams Orange: 3-2 and Runner Up in the gold bracket at the Circle City Shootout.

Hoop Dreams Black: 3-2 and Runner Up in the silver bracket at the Circle City Shootout.

Louisville Magic: 1-2 in Adidas Gauntlet but the score of their last game is not posted on the Gauntlet website.

Matts Mustangs: 4-1 at Bearcat Classic. Lost in Gold Semifinals.

15u:

Hoop Dreams Orange: 3-1 and Silver bracket champion at Circle City Shootout. Only loss was in overtime in Pool Play.

Hoop Dreams Black: 0-3 at Circle City Shootout.

Louisville Magic: 3-1 at Adidas Gauntlet.

*None of the West KY Elite teams played this weekend.

That's the majority of results I could find without doing a deep dive that I don't really have time for today.

Feel free to add other results and discussion below.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carson went down in the first half of the 1st game. Hurt foot and busted eyelid. He didn't return the rest of the tournament due to the foot injury. Hoping he will be back healthy for Lexington.

Yes losing Carson is a big impact, but in basketball or any sport injuries are part of the game. Depth and other kids stepping up their games is something you almost need to account for because injuries will occur. I know it was a tough weekend, but the 1st week draw was against teams who did very well beyond beating the Travelers. Their 4 opponents combined to go 13-3 over the weekend.

In Lexington it is a bit better, but still it is never easy when most teams are fielding a roster with a majority of D1 college prospects. Amazing how talented the teams are and if you do not believe the influx of overseas kids is getting more and more prevalent every year you are mistaken. The overseas kids are getting very good and the numbers grow every year, especially in the elite circuits like the EYBL.

Good luck to the Thunder this year. They have some great kids that are really talented, maybe even some of the best in the state at their positions.

Just because a team meets up against one very talented 8th grade team in an entire weekend and wins doesn't take away from winning their bracket. It also happened to be the largest bracket having 8 teams instead of the 5 the other brackets had. Therefore, instead of 2 rounds, they had to win 3 rounds.

To worry about another teams success instead of focusing on your own team seems petty. Best of luck to the Thunder. I will be rooting for the boys.

Legacy 15 u played a Team of 8th graders and barely won.

You don't think your concerned with the Legacy? lol

Like I said, you should spend your time and effort on your own team and not worry who another team is playing.

It looked like your team had a pretty good weekend. Be happy with that. Good luck this weekend.

Edited by bigmanbball