Christians can't turn down HYPOTHETICAL catering jobs but Muslims...

All Tell

While I don't agree with it, you really don't see the differences here?

I see a double standard. If a business owner can't refuse to do something on the grounds of deeply held religious beliefs then I don't think an employee should either, regardless of their religion. Obviously the Feds don't agree. Can't really say I'm surprised.

I see a double standard. If a business owner can't refuse to do something on the grounds of deeply held religious beliefs then I don't think an employee should either, regardless of their religion. Obviously the Feds don't agree. Can't really say I'm surprised.

So you're completely ignoring the fact that in this case no group of people are being discriminated against?

I see two situations (one hypothetical, one real) where people held that their religious beliefs prevented them from doing something job related. I see one religion being told what you believe is irrelevant and the other being told that your beliefs outweigh the demands of a job you took.

I see two situations (one hypothetical, one real) where people held that their religious beliefs prevented them from doing something job related. I see one religion being told what you believe is irrelevant and the other being told that your beliefs outweigh the demands of a job you took.

Of course you do. You do understand their is a difference between alcohol and homosexuals, right?

Refusing to transport alcohol is infringing upon no ones rights and discriminating against no one.

Refusing to provide services, which you're in business for, to someone for being gay is discriminatory.

Seriously, you're smarter than this.

If religion has no place in business, as I believe your argument in the other thread stated, then it doesn't matter if you're discriminating against someone or not, religion simply has no place. If that's the standard then this is clearly a violation of that standard.

If religion has no place in business, as I believe your argument in the other thread stated, then it doesn't matter if you're discriminating against someone or not, religion simply has no place. If that's the standard then this is clearly a violation of that standard.

And how many times do you want me to say I don't agree with this before you get it that I think it's a stupid decision?

That doesn't mean the circumstances or issues are even remotely similar, because they aren't.