Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Royals and Saints Fan

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Royals and Saints Fan

  1. Definitely the 2 best teams in the state with CovCath a close 3rd, which I had thought all along. But I believe WC was put in a distinct disadvantage by having to play 3 hours after the end of their semifinal. Why didn’t this morning start at 10 and tonight at 8? SMH
  2. If it’s true, Requiring tickets to be purchased on line for a high school basketball game is totally and ridiculously pitiful. There is no legitimate reason and it’s not that hard to take cash at the door. Shame on Campbell County, Bishop Brossart, Scott and Calvary Christian. Hopefully someone in charge will have some common sense and empathy before the tournament starts.
  3. Congrats to WC on a big win in likely The toughest district in the state . I became a fan of WC when they won the Mason County tournament in December. There’s something special about them.
  4. Excellent game and awesome atmosphere! I loved it. Bracken is the real deal. Love the Reed brothers but Bracken has more than them. Mason played with more intensity than normal and Henry was a difference maker, like he should be. Thank you to Mason’s outstanding Pep Band.
  5. I would be more supportive of having the tournament at Campbell County Middle School. It’s a nice gym and is at least in the 10th. Considering the current environment, I don’t think we’re gonna have to worry about capacities.
  6. The real problem is that the KHSAA has done a disservice to the 10th region, with all its strong history, by stringing it from Mt Sterling to Covington. I would doubt there are few if any regions with so much mileage and varied areas.
  7. I also heard an interesting tidbit of information from a reliable source that perhaps the 10th Region tournament might not be able to be held at the Bank of Kentucky Center in Northern Kentucky next year (37th District's turn to host) . First I had heard of it, and I can't imagine what can't be worked out in the upcoming year to make it happen. I'll keep you posted on that one. I've also heard from a reliable source that there is a good chance that the 10th Region will not be held at BOKC next year because the business deal is too expensive. If thats the case, I'm wondering where the 37th district would choose--the Fieldhouse?
  8. My opinions: Home court advantage is not worth much if anything to the teams during the tournament because the fans generally travel pretty well. It might be worth more during the season. Familiarity with the gym might be worth a couple of points. As for taunting, it should not be tollerated, not even the mildest form--by the Refs or the Coaches. But it does need to be enforced as uniformly as possible. The kids should be expected to use all of their energy to play as hard as possible and forget the rest.
  9. Thank you for the explanation. Very interesting but certainly makes sense. I would guess that after that class gets through the high school, the enrollment would be back to 900+.
  10. I'm confused about Pendleton County. The KHSAA enrollment numbers from 09-10 was 880 and they were classified as 4A with in football beginning in 2011 with 454 boys and Bourbon and Mason 3A. Being so close to northern Kentucky, I'm pretty sure they are a growing county and I don't think there are any other major schools in the county they could lose students to. What's the explanation for Pendleton's apparent significant loss of students?
  11. While Clark, Campbell, and Montgomery are the 3 largest schools in the region, Mason County at about 800 is the 8th largest. Besides that, size certainly is not directly related to the number of fans and is often usually the opposite.
  12. My guess is that this game will be very poorly attended especially considering that it is up against UKs final home game and Darius Miller's Senior Night.
  13. Clark County, at 1700 students and growing, is the largest school in the region by a good bit and at least 2 times larger than most of the schools in the 10th including Mason County. They should be extremely competitive every year with no excuses.
  14. Mason County, which is not a very large school and not located in a growing, urban or wealthy area, is very lucky and blessed to have Chris O'Hearn as our boys basketball coach AND David Buchanan as our football coach.
  15. Not 40+, but 25-30 years. I think we (Mason) should sit on the side where we are designated by the tournament brackets. 99% of us would be glad to change from our normal home side if that is what we are told. We want all teams to feel that the tournament is as fair as possible. However, Pendleton Head Coach and former Mason County player and Assistant Coach Chad Simms will likely agree to change team benches with Mason because he is a mature, smart coach who realizes that the game is played on the floor and not in the stands (or on BGP).
  16. Because the coach chooses to play them for his own reason. This is just another one of your many continuous comments which indicate how jealous you are of Mason County. A difficult schedule is not always the best for every team and does not necessarily translate to post season success. Although in a different time, former Mason County Coach Allen Feldhaus didn't usually play a strong schedule but was very successful in the post season and I'm sure there are many other examples. Many times, a strong schedule can wear a team out and peaking during tournament time is much more important, just ask Coach O'Hearn.
  17. Coach Feldhaus changed the home side to what it is now because he wanted Mason Countys fans on the same side as the Royals locker room to help prevent harrassment of our team by the other teams fans as the team went to the locker room.
  18. I honestly think both sides were at fault. Both schools could have easily prevented the problem but both were apparently too stubborn/prideful to give in. While it would have been much easier for Clark to change benches than for all of Mason's fans to switch to a different side than normal, 95% of Mason's fans would have been glad to go to the other side if that was where we were told to go. Nearly all of us Mason fans want the tournament to be the best and most fair possible. This includes sitting on the away and home side based on the brackets as drawn. Truthfully, I think it is ridiculous that our normal "home" side is behind the benches when the best and most unobstructed seats are on the other side. I know the reason behind it but it still doesn't make it right.
  19. Actually, as a Mason County fan, I liked what I saw against Lafayette much more than against Madison Central. Yes, we are struggling and at this point, we have little chance of winning the region. However, we've been here before and there is still time for things to come together. The games in March are what really count.
  20. Madison Central has improved a great deal as the season has progressed. At this point in the season, I'd say the teams are pretty even but I think (hope) the Royals will eek out a win. Nevertheless, its always good to have the Feldhaus clan at the Fieldhouse, even if its on the visitors side.
  21. Cincinnati TV station channel 5 early Sunday morning reported in their sports segment that Mason County had informed the organizers that they wouldn't be coming because of the weather and that no game would be played in its place. Then about 30 minutes later they reported that Princeton would be playing Taft instead. I heard both with my own ears. This information had to come from the organizers somehow. The report surprised me because Mason County seldom chooses to cancel an away game unless its about impossible to get there.
  22. 2010 should be one of Mason County's best teams ever.
  23. Mason County's fan support is still very strong but probably was less than normal this year at the tournament do to several factors. The main reason is that the week of the tournament was our school system's spring break this year so many people had planned other trips. Many of our fans attend the entire state tounament, so we are spread out throughout lower arena. I think it was a factor that our teams style of play is not as fun to watch as in past years. I think the economy also played a factor and I definitely think that we are spoiled with our own recent success. UKs success this year, with Darius playing, has also detracted from our support. I don't like any of these but its just the way it is.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.