Princeton 62 Mason County 52

Final

Tough loss for the Royals, but I did expect it. Princeton jumped out to an early lead and carried it to a 16 point halftime lead, 34-18.

Give Mason County all the credit in the world for battling back and cutting the lead down to 5 in the 4th quarter. Nothing wrong with losing to one of the better teams in Division 1 basketball ball in Ohio.

Now the Royals get to escape this crappy weather and head to Hawaii.

I guess Princeton thought they could beat Mason County but not Taft. Organizers of this event were trying to schedule a Taft vs Princeton game late last night after Louisville Male couldn't make the trip do to bus problems and the Princeton coach said they wanted no part of it.

I guess Princeton thought they could beat Mason County but not Taft. Organizers of this event were trying to schedule a Taft vs Princeton game late last night after Louisville Male couldn't make the trip do to bus problems and the Princeton coach said they wanted no part of it.

Not how it went down, the organizers shuffled things around for that game but just assumed Mason wasn't going to make it due to the weather forecast without even talking to Mason co. Wouldn't have been right for someone to just drop a team , and at the last minute too.

Not how it went down, the organizers shuffled things around for that game but just assumed Mason wasn't going to make it due to the weather forecast without even talking to Mason co. Wouldn't have been right for someone to just drop a team , and at the last minute too.

It is in fact how it went down(as far as refusing to play Taft), yes they did assume Mason wouldn't be able to make it, but the Princeton coach did refuse to play taft. Said his team just wouldn't play if they weren't going to be playing Mason.

Princeton jumped out early with there atheletism on defense and Mason battle back,But a couple key 4th quarter 3s by #12 on the vikes stiffled that rally..

Did you make it up to the game? I thought about going, but reading through some of the posts here, didn't know if they would be playing.

I hear that 90+ are going with the team on the Hawaii trip. Only way I'll go is if I develop some major swimming skills.

Bottom line is that the organizers about screwed Mason County over. They had announcement after last game on Saturday night that they wouldn't be playing. How can you do that without talking to anyone from Mason County? Seriously, that is bush league.

Then when called on the carpet they had them slated to play at about 3 different times on Sunday?

It is in fact how it went down(as far as refusing to play Taft), yes they did assume Mason wouldn't be able to make it, but the Princeton coach did refuse to play taft. Said his team just wouldn't play if they weren't going to be playing Mason.

This is true.

Meachem told me and several others in the media room that Princeton's coach did indeed say his team wouldn't play Taft, under any circumstances.

That night Mason Co said they weren't sure if they would be able to make it due to the weather forecast. Meachem then scheduled the Taft-Princeton game. He called Vogel and Broo to make sure there'd be good coverage of the game, only to wake up the next morning and have an email saying that Princeton's coach had said he wouldn't play Taft.

He then found out that Mason Co would be making the trip up so he was just going to have the host, Oak Hills, sit out a game and match up Ryle with Princeton, Mason Co v Taft, and Covcath v St. X.

Taft declined and said basically that it was cool and they understood that things come up. They really wanted Princeton and Princeton only. Not sure why.

Because of Taft declining, the schedule simply went back to what it was originally scheduled to be. A few posters need to get their facts straight before they start bashing the organizers of this great event. If not for Male cancelling due to their bus breaking down, everything would've went as planned.

As far as the topic at hand, MASON CO v PRINCETON, this was the Ulysses Thomas show and Mason Co simply had no answer for him.

I think Princeton really hurt themselves when they started simply playing a 4 corner, stall ball offense with about 6 mins left in the game. Princeton should've stayed aggressive and kept driving to the basket. Mason Co couldn't stop Princeton when they were running and being aggressive.

Gilbert looked very good for MC, however. He took over in the second half and single handedly brought the Royals back.

Princeton was simply too quick and athletic for Mason Co. They went 10 deep and it was all quality depth. They have a very nice team despite the overall lack of varsity experience.

On the bright side, Coach O'Hearn told me that Neal Pawsatt should be back in Feb for the Royals. Great news for the MC faithful.

Bottom line is that the organizers about screwed Mason County over. They had announcement after last game on Saturday night that they wouldn't be playing. How can you do that without talking to anyone from Mason County? Seriously, that is bush league.

Then when called on the carpet they had them slated to play at about 3 different times on Sunday?

:thumb:

That night Mason Co said they weren't sure if they would be able to make it due to the weather forecast.

He then found out that Mason Co would be making the trip up so he was just going to have the host, Oak Hills, sit out a game and match up Ryle with Princeton, Mason Co v Taft, and Covcath v St. X.

A few posters need to get their facts straight before they start bashing the organizers of this great event. If not for Male cancelling due to their bus breaking down, everything would've went as planned.

I would be interested to know who the organizers talked to at Mason County Saturday. It was no one. They just made an assumption. Mason County was always coming, so I don't understand where they "found out" that Mason was coming.

Sure, the Male issue threw a wrench into the schedule, but then to make things up is unprofessional.

Is it really that great of an event? Based on the crowds I can't see them making that much.