George Rogers Clark 43 Warren Central 42 (Boys' Sweet 16® Championship)

• theguru changed the title to George Rogers Clark 43 Warren Central 42 (Sweet 16 Championship)

I really enjoyed this tournament.   I said before the tournament began that I thought this tourney just might have the potential for a lot of really good games....(at least, in terms of excitement), and I really think it delivered.  Only one real blowout in the bunch and a couple of others won by pretty good margins....

It's really cool when it really IS the greatest show in hoops....

CM

• Like 2

Congrats to the CRC Cards!!!

What an incredible game, an incredible undefeated season, an incredible Sweet 16!!!

Congrats also to the Warren Central Dragons for such an incredible showing in the tourament!

We saw so many great players, and great moments in this year's Sweet 16!!!

The State of Kentucky should be proud to have put on the Greatest Show in Hoops!!!

• Like 3

Just now, B-Ball-fan said:

Congrats to the CRC Cards!!!

What an incredible game, an incredible undefeated season, an incredible Sweet 16!!!

Congrats also to the Warren Central Dragons for such an incredible showing in the tourament!

We saw so many great players, and great moments in this year's Sweet 16!!!

The State of Kentucky should be proud to have put on the Greatest Show in Hoops!!!

....and you almost weren't as crazy as we all thought....   😂

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

Le’ sad. 

DF - I have to tip the hat to WC....I wasn't a believer in the Fourth this year.    Warren Central made a believer out of me.    Impressive tournament. 👍

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Professor said:

TV didn’t replay it but it’s possible WC was fouled on that last rebound put-back attempt. It looked like it to me. 

Congratulations to GRC on a great season. Undefeated in Kentucky and state champs. 

I’m biased but yeah, I thought he was fouled. And it would’ve been even better than hitting the free throw lol

Ultimately the switch to the trapping D won this game for George Rogers Clark. By the time Warren Central adjusted they were behind. They nearly climbed back but just couldn’t do it. Ultimately, it proved too much for them to try to run the full gauntlet.