Everything posted by old ndn
-
Open Job: Letcher County Central
Sources? I haven't seen anything official about this...other than rumors. Has Holcomb confirmed?
-
Brian Dean to Breathitt County
What does Breathitt return? Who's his assistants?
-
Which new coach is under the most pressure to win immediately?
The new head coach at Breathitt Co., whoever that is. Big expectations, big shoes to fill with Holcomb's departure.
-
Football season too long!
Not really. How about spring football, that just so happens to pop up during baseball season? Some coaches make it "mandatory" for baseball players to attend, therefore taking even more practice/game time from the baseball season. Hey, I'm for kids playing whatever and as many sports as they want. I just think somebody (KHSAA) needs to do a better job of balancing their seasons.
-
Hazard 77 Buckhorn 66
I thought Hazard wasn't going to play any Perry Co. schools (PCC OR Buckhorn).
-
Fugate RB, (Breathitt Co.) Mr. Football next season?
I think Fugate will have a good shot at Mr. Football. He's definitely got the talent. Now, he's starting to get the publicity/exposure that most mountain kids don't ever get. Playing this week in L'ville will only enhance the hype, especially if he has a good game. Hopefully, this will let everyone see what we already know: There's a lot of talent in Eastern Ky. Good luck to Breathitt, Bell and Hazard.
-
Breathitt Co. 14 Belfry 12
I'm glad you brought up the TEAM aspect. It would be so easy to get on here now and really "rub it in" on the Belfry fans. But not all Bobcat fans are like that. Fugate is the real deal, but I think fans saw tonight, this is not a "one man team." Breathitt's win was a great TEAM effort. Congrats to Belfry on a fine season. You all have a great program. So does Breathitt.
-
Ohio state final website
Solutions: 1. Limit the number of teams in the playoffs 2. Eliminate the bye week
-
Breathitt County 39 Estill County 7
How many yards for Fugate tonight?
-
Estill Co. vs Breathitt Co.
Question: IF either team is forced into passing the ball, who has the best air attack?
-
Estill Co. vs Breathitt Co.
Estill's had a fine season. But I think their weak non-district schedule gives Breathitt the advantage. Estill loaded up with teams like Pineville, Berea, Phelps, Knott, Bourbon, while Breathitt played JC, P'burg, and LCA. I know some of Estill's opponents had good seasons, but they weren't the calibur teams Breathitt played. Breathitt did the same thing last year, playing a weak schedule, and it cost them. Good luck to both teams. I don't think this one will be 7-6.
-
This playoff system is the best
I happen to like the Ohio system. I also like the neutral sites for games after the first round. It sure helps cut down on on travel difficulties and teams usually wind up playing at some pretty nice venues. How many hours do you think CovCath (and now Highlands) will spend on a bus to JC? MSU would have been a nice meeting place!
-
This playoff system is the best
I agree, NC. You're letting your Ohio playoff knowledge/bias show a little. Which doesn't seem too popular on here.LOL
-
Fugate RB, (Breathitt Co.) Mr. Football next season?
How many Mr. Football winners have come from the mountains?
-
Who is Going to be the Star Running Back Next Season in the Mountains?
Fugate from Breathitt Co.
-
Too Many Sub-500 Teams In Playoffs
I disagree. Deserving teams? The fact that a team may win a couple of ball games and play a bunch of weak opponents shouldn't qualify them for anything. Yeah, Ohio's sytem isn't perfect, and I'm sure those that felt like they should have gotten in are complaining about THEIR system. But, at least they're not dealing with winless and losing teams qualifying for the "playoffs".
-
Lewis County 12 Bracken County 6
Wow! And the folks in Lewis Co. thought they have had a rough go of it for several years! Congrats Lewis Co. Hang in there, Bracken. It can only get better.
-
LCA vs. Hazard
If Hazard has any kind of running game, they will win. LCA hasn't stopped the run all year.
-
What Makes a bowl game a Great Bowl Game?
Being somewhat of a newcomer to Ky HS football, why are they called "Bowl" games"?
-
Winless teams in the playoffs....
I think Ohio has a better way of selecting teams for the playoffs. It ranks teams based on victories, strength of schedule, etc. It's not perfect and there are some early mismatches, but you won't find winless teams making the playoffs based on what (4-team) district they play in. Playoffs, IMO, is a way of rewarding kids for accomplishing something they have earned, not entitled to.
-
Who is Hilton prepping for running back?
Hilton's record speaks for itself. I don't really think he cares if you are disappointed or a few fans are grumbling/worried about NEXT YEAR'S running back. Who cares if he is playing "linemen" in the backfield? He, like most coaches, will do whatever it takes to to give his team the best chance to win. So far, in his career, he seems to know what he's doing. Come on, enjoy the success. Quit worrying about petty things!
-
Breathitt Co. 40 Lexington Christian Academy 26
How many yards rushing did Fugate end up with, officially?
-
Breathitt Co. 40 Lexington Christian Academy 26
Fugate became the QB because of injuries to Haddix and the backup QB. They simply snapped the ball to him and he ran with it. LCA was unable to stop him. LCA's QB did not play in the 2nd half due to injury.
-
How do coaches get Hired or Fired?
The "reality" of it is, as the losses pile up, the grumbling and complaining of parents and fans becomes louder. Their complaints eventually reach Supts., ADs, principals, and school board members. They, in turn, are "forced" to make changes. Some administrations dig in their heels and refuse to acknowledge the pubic outcry. Others succumb to the pressure.
-
Southern Spring Training Sites
Ft. Walton has the Beach Bash. It's not a training facility, but provides plenty of games to get you ready for the season.