Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Which new coach is under the most pressure to win immediately?

Who is under the most pressure to win immediately in 2013? 47 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is under the most pressure to win immediately in 2013?

    • Chad Lewis - John Hardin
      14%
    • Jeff Griffith - Boone County
      23%
    • Anthony Butler - Fort Campbell
      2%
    • Clay Clevenger - Danville
      14%
    • Dan Wagner - Newport Central Catholic
      23%
    • Tony Lewis - Henderson County
      2%
    • Someone else
      19%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Which new head coach is under the most pressure to win immediately in 2013?

 

I listed six -- Chad Lewis at John Hardin; Dan Wagner at Newport Central Catholic; Jeff Griffith at Boone County; Tony Lewis at Henderson County; Clay Clevenger at Danville; and Anthony Butler at Fort Campbell.

 

Lewis and Clevenger follow legends and Danville hasn't won a state title in a decade.

 

NCC and Henderson County were left in good shape by their predecessors.

 

Boone County has been surpassed by other NKY programs.

 

Fort Campbell has had a nice run of recent success but has not adapted well to the bump to 3A.

 

Is someone not on the list?

  • Replies 70
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In NKY between those two my guess would be Coach Wagner. Boone's bar is a little low right now. If their new coach simply opens up the offense he'll be good for a while in Florence.

I'd say the natives are restless in Boone County. That's who I'll go with.

I would have to say Clevenger and Wagner are under the most pressure because those programs expect to win. Wagner , in particular, I believe will be under a ton of pressure. With the creation of Bishop Bossart's program and an improving Campbell County program, NCC is struggling to field a freshman team after winning a state title. If you combine that with a sub par season or two, would NCC draw enough players to even have a program???

I don't think either NKY coach is under any pressure. Boone Co will be competitive in NKY 6A and thats all they ever were in the last 20 years. NCC was the only 2A team in NKY to field a Frosh team last year and has had previous years when they did not field a Frosh team and still managed to play in maybe 6 championship games in the 2000s. Plus they play a killer schedule against larger schools where it is not expected that they will win every game. I'm sure both teams and coaches will be fine in the next few years.

With all the young talent coming up, I think Ryle under Warner. The fans will be restless if we don't make some distance in the playoffs.

Will Wolford ?

After the way that the coaching change at X went down and the division it created among the Xaviarians if Wolford doesn't run the table it could get ugly on Poplar Level.

 

Sent from my Samsung Stratosphere using Forum Runner

Wonder why Will Wolford was left off the poll? I'll put him under someone else, I guess.

 

If he cannot win a state championship (aka beat Trinity) then I really don't know who else could come in and do it. The pressure is on him from the entire administration, athletic department because if he doesn't turn out to be a good hire, they will look terrible for letting Glaser go. (don't act like he left on his own, he would still be coaching if it was up to him)

 

Especially with all the talent that Wolford is inheriting, I think this season is a fail if they don't win it all. I don't know how much better of an offense you can assemble so let's say the coach under the most pressure is Coach Wolford.

I would have to say Clevenger and Wagner are under the most pressure because those programs expect to win. Wagner , in particular, I believe will be under a ton of pressure. With the creation of Bishop Bossart's program and an improving Campbell County program, NCC is struggling to field a freshman team after winning a state title. If you combine that with a sub par season or two, would NCC draw enough players to even have a program???

You have to be kidding or it is wishful thinking.

Wonder why Will Wolford was left off the poll? I'll put him under someone else, I guess.

 

If he cannot win a state championship (aka beat Trinity) then I really don't know who else could come in and do it. The pressure is on him from the entire administration, athletic department because if he doesn't turn out to be a good hire, they will look terrible for letting Glaser go. (don't act like he left on his own, he would still be coaching if it was up to him)

 

Especially with all the talent that Wolford is inheriting, I think this season is a fail if they don't win it all. I don't know how much better of an offense you can assemble so let's say the coach under the most pressure is Coach Wolford.

 

I was unaware that there was that much division over his departure.

Surprised that there is no mention of Teegarden at Brossart. IMO the faith of the program is in his hands and this is make or break for Brossart. Not saying they need to win a state title, but if things aren't turned in the right direction, the program could be over.

Which new head coach is under the most pressure to win immediately in 2013?

 

I listed six -- Chad Lewis at John Hardin; Dan Wagner at Newport Central Catholic; Jeff Griffith at Boone County; Tony Lewis at Henderson County; Clay Clevenger at Danville; and Anthony Butler at Fort Campbell.

 

Lewis and Clevenger follow legends and Danville hasn't won a state title in a decade.

 

NCC and Henderson County were left in good shape by their predecessors.

 

Boone County has been surpassed by other NKY programs.

 

Fort Campbell has had a nice run of recent success but has not adapted well to the bump to 3A.

 

Is someone not on the list?

 

Jeff Griffith at Boone. Boone county needs to be put back on the map. It's been a while since they were a real contented with the rest of NKY. Looking foward to watch him. I'm a big fan of Boone Co.

Wonder why Will Wolford was left off the poll? I'll put him under someone else, I guess.

 

If he cannot win a state championship (aka beat Trinity) then I really don't know who else could come in and do it...

 

He has like one year of experience as a coach...and it was at the freshman level...and he quit...I would venture to say that the jury is still out on just how good a coach he will be.

 

...but I guess that would add to the pressure.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.